My Powers Go Cray Cray

I woke up... in the woods? It was all normal. The last thing I remember was going back to the 2nd dimension and going to sleep. Now I'm back to my Earth. I sat up and felt something under my nose. I touched it with my pointer finger and saw that it was blood. I did this? Somehow I brought myself back to where Bella met me after I got attacked. How does that work?

Nobody was around. I was completely alone. For some reason, I'm back in my dimension. Somehow I brought myself back. This doesn't make any sense, how did I do this unintentionally? Are my powers going wonky? Are they out of control? Or did someone do something to me? So many questions that I had no answers for.

"Pil?! Piloma!" I heard someone call. They sounded familiar. I got up and started running to the sound of the voice. Who could it be? And why were they calling me Pil? This is so weird.

Once I got to the source of the sound, I saw that it was my mom. "Piloma! Oh, thank god!" She said before hugging me.

"I've only been gone a day why are you stressing?" I asked her.

"A day? You've been gone a week." She said as she released me from the hug.

"What no it's only been a few hours." I protested.

"Piloma are you okay? You seem out of it. And is that... is that blood? Honey, what happened?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I just got lost in the woods." I lied. She couldn't possibly understand what was happening.

"For a week? We should go home and talk to your father about this." She said and she sounded concerned.

How could I possibly have been gone for a week? It only felt like a couple of hours. Time here is wonky. Kayla had said. So had I been gone for a week? Or was it just my mom exaggerating? Only one way to find out. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the time. Except I couldn't because my phone was dead. I guess the dimensions killed it. Or... I was gone for a week.

As we were walking back I was wondering what happened? Did I do this myself or did someone else do it? Could this evil magic have something to do with it? Could it corrupt me? I didn't know. But I did know one thing. People were in danger and I wasn't there to help. That was a huge problem.

"Pil, are you okay?" My mom asked to break the silence.

"Yeah, fine," I said quickly.

"You know you can tell me anything, right, sweetheart?" She said lovingly.

"Yeah, I know," I said with a small smile.

Should I tell her where I've been? No, she wouldn't even believe me. I don't know. Maybe I should at least try.

The rest of the time walking was pretty much silent. Not even a peep. I don't blame her. I did give off the vibe that I didn't want to talk about. I was just thinking like I have a lot on my mind. First Bella pulls me into a different reality or dimension. Then Billy brings me to his dimension. And there could be more? I just didn't know. It was a lot to take in. And not even just that. I'm supposed to be their last hope. As if a 16-year-old Hispanic girl could help all those people get back home. If you were there you'd understand all the pressure I'm under. Like... there were so many people in just those two dimensions. And if there are more dimensions, how many people would that be? It's a never-ending battle that I know that I won't be able to win. But I have to at least try or it would've been all for nothing.

Soon we got to the road and my mom's truck was sitting there. Yes, my mom has a truck, what of it?

I got in the passenger seat in the front and my mom got in the driver's seat. She started up the truck and started to drive. She had one of those dice car decorations hanging from her rearview mirror. She also had a bunch of papers on the console. I wasn't sure why but I figured I shouldn't ask.