I Get Sucked Into the Darkness

After walking so long with Dr. Ramos, I think I really got the idea of who he is. Billy explained him the exact same way I saw Dr. Ramos. Considerate and kind. He really cared about the people around him. And in my opinion, that's a very good quality to have. Who cares about powers and all that stuff? If you're a good person with a good heart, there aren't enough powers in the world that'll match that.

Eventually, we got to the hospital and we walked up the stairs and to the room where my friends were waiting. Amelia was gone though, good riddance, am I right? Nothing against her at all, I just thought she was a bit too much but maybe that's just me.

Once we got back up to the room Kayla was, of course, the first one to hug me.

"Hey, Kay," I said, smiling as she hugged me. I loved her hugs. They were really warm and just made me feel really loved. I thought that was perfect.

When she released me, she looked at me funny. "Kay?"

"Yeah, my nickname for you," I said with a warm smile.

"The last person to call me that was my dad." She said and I could tell that either her dad was dead or she really missed him. Either way, it made her sad.

"Oh, sorry," I said, looking down.

"No, you're good. Don't worry. I'm fine." She said and she moved her hand towards mine but decided not to. I don't know why. I had a lot on my plate but the fact that Kayla was here kind of made up for it.

Bella was the next person to hug me. "Oh my God! You're okay! Oh no... You're burned."

"I'm fine, Bella," I said, giving my friend a hug.

Billy was the last person to hug me. "Good to see you're okay, kiddo."

"Thanks. Also look who I ran into, Billy." I said, revealing Dr. Ramos.

Billy looked like he was in shock. "Dad?"

"Hi, son," Dr. Ramos said before hugging his son.

"How are you here? I don't understand." Billy said and he looked like he was about to start crying which is understandable.

"Billy, your dad helped me when I fell in the woods. He told me something that I think we can use to defeat Ponyth and her friend. The killadogs as well." I explained.

Billy pulled away from his dad and looked at me. "Really? What kind of information?"

Billy's dad looked at Billy. "Billy, what I know is that killadogs and demons hate light and Piloma here thinks that's the key to defeating them. Why don't you tell them your plan, dear?"

I took a deep breath and described my plan.

Billy put a finger on his bottom lip and tapped it. "It could work but it will take an insane amount of energy. A lot even for a great dimension traveler like yourself."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Piloma? It could very well destroy you." Bella exclaimed.

"I'm willing to take that risk," I said and I noticed Kayla not saying anything. "Why aren't you saying anything Kayla?"

Kayla remained silent and walked out. I followed her.

"Hey Kayla wait up," I said, trying to catch up to her. Geez, she was fast.

When she turned around she had no emotion whatsoever not even fear.

"What is it?" I asked. I couldn't read her right now. She's usually very easy to read but right now I'm coming up blank.