Chapter 5: We need a break!

< Third person pov >

Akashi rushed home wondering if his apology would be okay even without a milkshake..

----
*bing*

Kuroko saw it was from akashi and told takao that he might take the offer of staying at his place if things go south with the apology.

Takao nodded and wished him the best of luck.

--'
Kuroko arrived to a remorseful akashi waiting for him.

"I -  I just wanted to say that the apology thing was fake. I just wanted you to be home."

This caught Kuroko by surprised.

"Never thought you would lie to me sei-kun..."

Akashi shook his head.

" No never mind what  I said the apology is not fake! I truly am sorry Tetsuya....you shouldn't have to deal with me being rude to you and trying to take away your freedom of leaving."

Kuroko skeptical at what akashi was saying went for a hug.

<Akashi pov>

Ah a hug...I desperately need one.

Tch how did you get control again?  You didn't do that before..

No way will you ruin my apology. I will become a man worthy of standing with Tetsuya.

Too bad I don't care about being worthy of being with him. He needs to be freed from us! We don't deserve him! So we need to stop being selfish and let him go!

Its not being selfish...

Really isn't this just your wish to be with him? What about him huh? Do you think he wants to be your pretty bird in a cage? For you to admire him but never be free?

.....

That's right your only thinking of yourself how selfish can you be? You had him for two years! Your being selfish if you think you should keep him any longer! Let him be free from US.

...ah...am I really being selfish keeping him with me ?

Of course you are!

....I see...

<third person pov>

"I love you sei-kun...its been a while since we hugged huh? ...its been a while since we also..yknow."

Kuroko stated pulling at akashi's tie. Akashi's hand gripped kuroko's pulling it away from his tie.

"Tetsuya....I love you too...but, I think you aren't worthy of being with me."

Kuroko pushed akashi away.

"I KNEW IT! YOUR TIRED OF ME! IM SO BORING ANYWAY OF COURSE IT WOULD BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU GOT TIRED OF ME! I-I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU CONFESSED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU WOULD JUST GET TIRED OF ME!"

kurkoko stated obviously emotional. Tears running down his face.

"you're tired of me....you're tired of me...you're tired of me..:

Kuroko kept repeating that while rocking a bit back and forth.

"Huh..no Tetsuya-!"

"BE QUIET! YOU SAID IM NOT WORTHY OF YOU RIGHT?? THEN THAT MUST MEAN YOU'RE TIRED OF ME?!? RIGHT? IM RIGHT AREN'T I? THATS JUST ISNT FAIR....I GAVE ALL MY LOVE TO YOU JUST TO..get bored of me... ah I see it's my fault...for being so boring...I gave all my love to you....what was I expecting? For you to return it? There was never a guaranteed that you would huh? Did you have fun playing with my heart for almost 3  years? Bet it was boring right?"

"Tetsuya....calm down please.."

Kuroko was emotionally unstable right now. Sure kuroko was the one that would also ask for a break but, he didn't know akashi would ask for it first and so quickly.

Kuroko felt like a discarded toy. No longer fun. No longer useful. An unnecessary piece of trash.

"Tetsuya don't mind what I said you are worth-"

"Shut up...don't lie...your tired of me right..? I don't want our relationship to end yet though...so can we just take a break..? Then talk about it...I don't want you to discard me yet...please..?"

"Tetsuya I'm not discarding you!  I love you so much please don't end this relationship!"

"We need a break..let's talk when its our third anniversary yeah...? I don't want our relationship to end...please sei-...akashi-kun?"

Akashi had shocked written on his face. He had screwed up right? Tetsuya is breaking up with him right? So this was the end....

"Okay....we'll talk on our third anniversary ..."

Kuroko nodded.

"I'll pack my things and leave..."

Akashi panicked. He couldn't accept the fact that kuroko was leaving him. Even if the voice said let him be free akashi just can't let go.

"Ah wait you don't have to...you know move out right???"

Kuroko only looked empty.

"...I think its best if I did though... I want to think by myself and being here would hurt to much.."

<Akashi pov>

No...no...no...don't leave me Tetsuya....please...

...he's freed from us right? This was the best decision to do right...?

Why are you asking me?!?! Your the one who said he isn't worth us! That pushed his limit and he dumped me....

He dumped us.....So he's free now....so why do I feel like I messed up? He's freed from us....so whats with this feeling??

Maybe because you thought it would be best if he's freed from us...,but my heart won't accept that...I love him..he's the only person ill ever love...

Ah what to do...Did I mess up? Did I release a bird that didn't want to be released ?