~ twenty four ~

I stared at the phone in complete shock. Connor. Why the fuck is Connor calling me.
"Wait you're still talking to him?" Louis asks, his voice slightly worried.
"No I-I'm not," I say, only giving him half my attention.

"But he called you?"
"Yes and I don't know why?"
"How come you didn't block him?"
"I don't know Louis okay?" I say as my voice slightly raises.

My hand falls from his chest, and the both of us listen to the ringtone, feeling frozen as if neither of us could move.
"Ar-Are you gonna answer?" He asks, leaning over my shoulder to look at the phone.
"No... I want him to think my phone's not on me."

It rings a few more times before stopping. But me and Louis remain still.
Why did that irritate me so much?

Why was I upset when something interrupted my kiss with Louis?

"Y/n please say you aren't lying to me," Louis asks once more with that same concern in his voice. I know I shouldn't be getting annoyed with him but I am and I don't know why.
"Just shut up Louis," I say with a stern force as the boy leans away and lays himself on my bed.

That's when my phone dings. That one loud one that sounds like you're hitting a triangle instrument.
And it dings again. Louis roughly sighs behind me.
"Please don't tell me he's texting you no-"

"He is! Okay? Just- Louis maybe you should go."
"But I don't want him to hurt you again!"
"Just leave Louis! He won't!"

The boy sighs and sits up off my bed, then walks towards the door but pauses to look back at me.
"I'm sorry..." he mumbles, opening my door and leaving.
We'll just have to practice chemistry another time.

I look down at my texts, more rolling in. My phone is already exploding with dm's and texts that I haven't had the time to open.
And he keeps texting me.

______________________________
Connor

Connor
Y/n I need to talk to you
Please
It's an emergency
Y/n please

Y/n
What the fuck do you want
You really thought I'd want to talk to you after the things you said to me?

Connor
I know and I get that you think I'm a dick but can you please just answer the call.

Y/n
No

Connor
Please y/n

Y/n
Omfg fine
Two minutes

______________________________

I've never been more annoyed in my life. He stopped my kiss with Louis, won't stop texting, and now he wants to talk. I swear he'll drive me off a cliff one day.

My phone starts ringing again, Connor's contact popping up.
I should've blocked that name the second I saw it.

Before answering the phone however, I let it ring a few times. I don't want to answer.
But even through all this hatred and annoyance, a microscopic part of me is wondering what he has to say.

Like what if he says

"I'm sorry y/n, I promise I'm different now."

"I have a new girlfriend who loves me more than you ever did."

"I told the entire school about our fight."