Fourteen ⇒ Changing of the Seasons

*22k reads??? I cry*

Eventually Niall and Zayn had to go back to London, Zayns CD was to be released in three months and there were still four songs that need to be re-recorded and remastered. 

Eventually Liam had to move out and Louis and Harry were there to support their best friends. Liam and Niall didn't look at each other once, it was hard to considering Harry kept Niall in the kitchen for most of the three hours it took Liam to pack. But as he was leaving, Liam went to the kitchen to get his Batman tumbler, he saw Niall. Niall was sat next to Harry on the seat of their bay window head resting on Harry's shoulder and cup of tea in his hand. 

Liam sighed and took a step towards the two of them keeping his eyes on the floor. 

"Well...I guess that's it then." he mumbled biting his lip.

"I guess so." Niall sighed looking up at Liam then quickly looking down again. 

"So um," what was he supposed to say in this situation? He'd spent his time back trying to think of something to say to maybe change Nialls mind but so far nothing. "I guess..."

"Um, can you leave your key on the counter?" Niall didn't want to look at Liam either truth be told he missed Liam, but the betrayal and hate he had for him out weighed his love right now. He couldn't move past it. "I have an appointment Tuesday, ten o'clock, if you wanna come."

"Uh yeah, of course I'm coming." 

Harry and Louis stood there watching them stare at each other back and forth. The tension was so thick even Harry felt like he was suffocating.

"Okay well um, bye Ni."

"Bye Liam." 

Louis and Liam walked out the door carrying the last of Liam's things. When they closed the door Niall broke down dropping his mug of tea and huddled close to Harry. Harry kissed the top of his head and rubbed circles in to his back.

"You will get through this Niall, I know it hurts but once you've had time to heal you will be okay." he promised.

"I-I told him I wanted a divorce but I'm not sure I do!" Niall cried pulling back from Harry. Had he made a mistake?

⇒⇒⇒

Liam showed up to the appointment fifteen minutes early just in case Niall got called back early, he didn't want to miss it. They didn't speak just the occasional awkward glance. After the appointment they both walked out the door going their separate ways.

⇒⇒⇒

When Niall was five months pregnant, two days after he and Liam found out they were having a little boy, he went grocery shopping and saw Liam. Liam was wearing his gray Adidas joggers Niall had bought him a while ago and a plain white t-shirt. He looked like he had just left the gym and that made Nialls heart pump a bit faster. 

However, just ask quickly as it started, it faltered. Liam wasn't alone, he was with a rather beautiful girl with long brown hair and she looked slightly familiar to Niall. Liam smiled at her and put his arm over her shoulder.

Liam had moved on? How? Just last week he was asking Niall to go have lunch with him. He turned him down obviously, but still.

Liam smiled at the girl who nodded and turned towards Niall to grab something from one of the freezers. Instantly Niall knew who she was, Sophia. Sophia worked with Liam, she was the secretary for his whole department.