Admiration of a Childhood Home

After we eat there was so many new things I have learned. Stuff like he lost his virginity at 14 and the fact that he thought he got a girl pregnant. I don’t know how he went through all this stuff. I don’t think Richard does either. R.J. just spilled his life story. I don’t think I could do that to someone I just met especially with all the details he did.

“Alright dude well we gotta get going its already nine thirty. We have to stop one other place before our finial destination. So if you want you can meet us at one fifty three fort avenue. It’s in Hattiesburg. So that’s were we will be if you want to hang out later.”

“Alright thanks dude. I will surely swing by.”

As we walk out the waitress stops us. “Hey darlin’ you left this.” I turn around to see her waving my purse. I can’t believe I forgot it. Its so unlike me.

“Thank you so much. I don’t know what I would do with out this thing.”   “My pleasure. Come again.”

“Where exactly are we?”  I say when climbing into his truck.

“Nowhere special. Just some rundown town outside of where I grew up. But don’t worry there’s nothing important about this place. We just have to stop at my moms for a brief second. Then we will on our way.”

Okay. Do I get to meet your mom or do I have to say in the car?”

“You can meet her, if you want.” He begins to laugh. There’s something going on I just don’t know what. Is there something I should know?

“Don’t worry sweetie. You’ll do fine she’s just my mom.” I smile. Not really showing my emotions. “I called her earlier and told her we were coming.”

 Soon we arrive to this house. A two story with tall windows, one I would have dreamed to live in when I was a child, a huge yard with lots of play area. This is a place where I would want to raise my children. The neighbor’s houses are about a block away from each other. There’s a swing set with a swirly slide. A trampoline that looks like it hasn’t been jumped on in years, but that’s okay. This looks like a great place. I smile continuously as we pull up the driveway.

“Why are you so happy?”

“I love this place, it’s comfy, country, and better yet a great place for children to grow up here. I want to live here. I don’t know why you ever left.”

“Well I didn’t have a choice. My mom and my dad split when I was young and he won in court. I do wish I spent more time with my mom but some things you can’t change.”

“Yeah, I understand.” I say with my hand rubbing his knee for comfort. I hope his mother is as sweet and caring as him.

“Hello darling. You look very nice today.” Richards’s mom says to him. He steps closer to her as she opens the door to let us in. They hug and all she can do is smile and hold him tight. I can tell she misses him dearly. “Who is this lovely lady?”

“This is my girlfriend Haven.” He says with a smile. I guess he doesn’t want her to know he’s single, or this will make it seem like her little boy is growing up and won’t be alone forever. So I just smile and go along with what he said.

“She can speak for herself son.” She says to lighten the mood.

“I know but I wanted to tell you the news myself.” He says smiling.

“Okay. Go run and play with your cousins. We have some talking to do.” She says waving him off.  I can tell by his face he’s worried about what she’s going to say to me. I love how she’s playful with him.