Bowling

“Sounds good to me.” I continue searching when I see this list of things pop up. I scroll through them until his phone dies. “Well your phone died but the last thing I seen was bowling, that sounds good right?”

“Sounds perfect.” We pull out of a parking lot until he slams on his brakes.

“What?”

“We were already her.” we share a laugh and repark.

“What will it be for you?” the young guy says behind the counter before looking up at us. “Oh sorry dude I mean what sizes will y’all be needing?”

“Eight for her and thirteen for me.” Richard responds to the guy. I guess since he corrected him self we was scared of Richard, which makes me laugh.

“What’s so funny now?” Richard asks me while walking to the lane the guy gave us.

“I think he was scared of you,” he laughs.

“Who wouldn’t be, I’m a scary person.”

“If that were even the nearest bit true I don’t think you would have me or any friends. We laugh at the small talk be for I look up at the screen in front of us. “Guess what!”

“What?”

“I go first” I laugh in his face.

"Oh okay but guess who will win!" He says loud enough for the whole building to hear. "Plus he was only scared cause i gave him the look."

"The look?"

"Yeah, the look, he was looking at you, so I gave him the look."

"He didn't even have time to look at me, before that happened think you very much," I say laughing. "Why would you even have a problem with him looking at me?"

"Cause well." he pauses before continuing. "I might get a little jealous sometimes and I wanted to make sure he knew he couldn’t have you."

"Why can't he have me? I'm single." I say trying to get him on his feet.

"Not for long." 

"Long as in a day, week, month, year? i need to know so I can widen my options."

"Long as in I’ll decide if you stay single after tonight." He tries to keep a straight face but starts to laugh.

"Can you find me a ball I can actually play with, most are too heavy." I say changing the subject. 

He hands me an 8 ball. "Will this work?" "Cause I can barely lift the 10." he laughs 

"It should be good, but maybe I should try the ten to prove how much stronger I am than you." I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"I was joking this is like an ant. I use the 12 ball"

"Prepare to be amazed." I say as I throw the ball. Ending the pins in a split. 

"One chance to get both, impossible. You might as well go for the right one."

I do just the opposite and aim for the left, which flies into the air and lands on the other side pin. "What was that? Oh yeah me beating you."

He laughs as he throws his 12-pound ball down the lane. it swerves and goes into the gutter. I begin laughing. "It might be a little too heavy for you too." I continue laughing as he grabs another ball. Throwing it across the room accomplishes more for him then I thought it would, his ball hit all 10 of the pins. 

"We are tied now punk." 

"Not for long," I throw the ball and hit all 10 without even trying and wait for my turn again. "Looks good from my side." I say winking as he shifts on his legs. 

"Are you talking about my butt, haven?" I nod. "Looks great." I wink again.

"Calm down we aren’t getting freaky tonight."

"Freaky, who says that?"

"Me, now throw the ball Richard!"

He does what I say, finishing the game. “Right on time we need to go anyway. This has been great. See you soon,” he says running to the truck.

I follow behind him running as fast as I can and when I reach the door or the bowling alley I fall to the ground acting as if I twisted my ankle so he’ll have to come back for me. He glances behind him and sees me and retreats. I’m so glad I thought I of this plan I didn’t want to run. I snuggle into his chest as he picks me up. As we reach the truck I begin laughing. “What?” He sets me down in my seat.

“You carried me for no reason.” I begin laughing uncontrollably and end up snorting. “Sorry.” I try to make out the words but they come out more as a squeak.

“You didn’t hurt your ankle?” He asks and I shake my head.

“But look who got here first.” He climbs in the other side and puts the key into the ignition. “Where are we going?”

“I can’t tell you.” he smiles the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. I hope I don’t die wherever it is we are going. “I love you.” he says when I give he the pouty face.

“I guess I love you too.” I say as we pull onto the highway again, for what feels like the hundredth time today.