SAM

I couldnt sleep well that night, when we got home and opened my closet the box was there as usual unharmed the only scratches where the X marks over the names of my friends Sam saw me staring blankly into my closet so he came closer and understood why I wasnt saying anything.

I finally snapped out when he leaned in and grabbed the box.

_Umm Leo... should we be concerned that Amy's name is crossed off or that the box actually appeared in one piece as you told us it will?

_Her name is WHAT??

I quickly grabbed my phone and tried calling her but no one answered thats when I started to panic, I had the chance to warn her and I didnt I shouldnt have left her alone we all knew what was going on yet we chose to ignore it. After a few more unanswered calls I grabbed my keys and headed for the door but Sam stopped me before I could leave.

_Maybe shes went to sleep as soon as she made it home after all she lost 2 of her best friends in 2 days, we can always call her tomorrow and check up on her then maybe head to the old library to try and find answers cause I'm sure If we tell the cops well be thrown in a mental Asylum and get accused for the death of our friends.

_Yeah...youve got a point. Plus, I really dont want to face her father again or cause her problems by asking her parents if their daughter that they didnt know snuck out made it safely home.

We didnt talk mush after that we simply changed into our pajamas and laid in bed hoping to fall asleep.

The next day when I woke up the first thing I did was try and call Amy but I still got no answer from her, so, I got up and woke up Sam to see if hed like to come with me to her house to check on her.

_Common man getup! I'm really getting worried about her.

After five minutes of begging Sam finally got up and agreed to go with me. We skipped breakfast and headed straight to Amys house but when we got there, we were surprised to see police cars all around her house thats when Sam and I really started to get worried, I quickly parked and we then tried to make our way past the group of people getting held back by the police.

When we arrived to the front, we saw Amys mother sitting on the porch crying and screaming while holding a picture of her daughter while her husband tried to explain that they last saw her lock herself in her room last night and when they didnt get an answer from her this morning, they broke down her bedroom door to find her window wide open and her room totally empty.

I whispered into Sam's ear I told you something bad is gonna happen. he then grabbed my arm and tried to pull me away from the crowd the last people her parent want to see is us right now replied Sam.

We quickly made our way to my car and drove off. I looked at Sam Worried was written all over his face. And the silence was becoming unbearable so I broke it and asked him:

_Where should we go now?

_I dont know

_Starbucks seems like a good idea; we can grab a cup of coffee and try to figure things out.

I handed him my pack of cigarettes so he lit two of them and handed me one we played some music and smoked as we drove around, not knowing where to go my suggestion was buried by our thoughts so I kept on going in circles until I remembered that I once drove Emma to an old abandoned house not too far from here.

_Theres an abandoned house not too far from here, I once took Emma to meet up with Amy when they first started dating maybe she went there and fell asleep.

_Let's hope she's okay...

Without any hesitation I drove us to the house hoping I remember the road there, we finally arrived after what seemed like hours, we quickly got out of the car and ran towards the house we searched high and low but we couldnt find anything.