unknown figure

Jay was the first to wake-up, she started the fire to heat up the water for our morning coffee, then took off into the woods to take a piss. She walked for what felt like miles then hid behind a tree, it was still surprisingly dark at 7 in the morning, as she squatted to pee she heard what seemed like footsteps so she quickly pulled up her pants and looked behind her its not funny guyscome out Im not playing these games!

There was nothing but total silence, it mustve been the wind or some rodent. Ignoring the sounds she quickly finished and headed back to camp but she still had this horrible feeling of someone following her as if theres a pair of eye just floating behind her head ,she pulled up her hoody over her head and started running until she tripped over a fallen branch and fell face first into the wet dirt and leaves scraping both her knees and hands on some pebbles.

As she struggled to get back up she saw a big black figure with glowing red eyes, she screamed on the top of her lungs then started running again ignoring the pain everything was going too fast the sound of footsteps kept growing closer and closer until she finally reached camp and jumped into my tent falling over Sam and me waking us up.

What the hell happened?! asked Sam still surprised and confused.

I looked over at Jay who was covered in blood sobbing and talking nonsense, I was still under shock I didnt understand anything she was saying, after a few minutes Jay calmed down a bit, so, Sam and I helped her to get back up and got out of the tent cause it was too crammed to even lay down in there .

As we sat down Sam poured us a cup of coffee I grabbed the first aid kit to cover Jays wounds before they get infected. Jay then started explaining to us what happened from the moment she left the camp to the moment she jumped on us in our tent .

_But thats impossible this forest doesnt have any wolves foxes or even rats .

_Leo I know what I saw! You have to believe me.

_But your face was covered in mud after the fall are you sure you didnt see some street lights or something and thought it was eyes.

_ Believe me or not I know what I saw and it most definitely was not human.

Jay got up angrily and took off to the opposite side of the lake. I looked over at Sam and he nodded so I went to try and talk to her .

_Hey Im sorry for not believing you back there but it just sounds

_Crazy, I know.

_Yeah.

_Just forget about it man I dont want to ruin everyones mood because Im being paranoid and over imaginative.

Without saying anything I leaned in and hugged her tight, I knew I would be better if I dont say anything, I got up and offered her my hand she grabbed it and I pulled her up, we laughed a bit and then headed back to join the others.

_Jay!!!! Screamed Amy and Emma in union.

Jay ran to them and hugged them tight with tears in her eyes .

_Sam told us everything ! Are you okay??

_ Yeah Im fine dont worry about me .

_ So what do you guys wanna do today? Asked Sam trying to change the subject.

_I was thinking we could do some fishing but first we really need to gather some wood for tonights fire.

We got divided into two groups, Sam ,Jay and me went wood gathering while Amy and Emma stayed at camp to tidy up and look after the food.After arguing for about 5 minutes we decided to go back where Jay saw the red glowing eyes . So we retraced her steps and arrived at the exact place where she fell it was a little bit obvious because there was sign of a struggle, Jay tried to look around to find an explanation for what she saw but couldn't find anything there was only trees that went out for as far as the eye can see none of us talked about what happened we simply picked up small broken branches we found laying on the ground.