AN OLD FRIEND 2

The Grace Field house was filled of darkness and a chilly weather, the fading candles lighted in the rooms can only be seen but it went out as it is not last longer, however, the kids was in a deep sleep and some of them was snoring loudly. it was raining outside since the early evening and it will dawn soon, It's already past an hour when Ray has been awake, lying on his bed doing nothing but gazing where the light from the outside strikes and raindrops pattered on the window. He closed his eyes tightly and forced his self to sleep, "curse this life" he murmured.

The morning begins with Emma who woke them up with her greetings "Everyone! Wake up it's already 6:01 in the morning!" She was motherly childish when it comes to her siblings, "Emma, gimme a pickaback" said Phil reaching with his arms when she's standing at her bed. "Sure!, Let's race with Thoma and Lannion to the kitchen!" "Yey!". The little orphans finished their breakfast and started to do their morning tasks, but this is not an ordinary day, when the younger kids left, Emma jumped out in front of Norman who's wiping clean the plates with Ray, "Norman! Ray!" She said delightfully. "You're so energetic Emma" greeted by Norman leaving a smile on his face.

"Of course!"
"Well, it's because today's our Ray's Birthday!"
She cheered them both, "You're now older than us, Ray" she teased. It was his 11th birthday, Mama and all of his siblings has greeted him this morning breakfast. They used to celebrate everyone's birthday when it's supper,and it's earlier because it will be a feast where everyone can eat as much they can and leave their stomach full. "Your face looks grumpier now--" she looked at him, leave me alone Emma, Ray thought
"--you didn't get a good sleep, did you?" Emma asked and Ray nodded, the rain stopped this morning and they felt relief but the ground was muddy and the children didn't dare to play outside. Everyone was doing their chores and minding their own business. Ray's face leaves a dark circles on his eyes and a little messy bed hair "Hmmm" Emma hummed to catch their attention "Maybe he's thinking that getting old sucks " She attacked Ray since she knows that he'll never dare to get mad or shout at them, Norman laughed. Emma's right getting old's really sucks when you know you only have one year remaining in your life, you'll leave the house and your siblings think that you'll live the world outside and your new family will take care of you but it's just the Demons who'll fill up their tummy with your meat.

"Norman, you wouldn't mind if I call this five year old kid a dummy right?" Norman laughed, Emma hates being tease when it comes to her maturity.

"I'm not five! And you don't have to ask Norman!"
Ray placed the plates inside the cabinet and some utensils.

"Well, when Mama's not around you go to Norman and beg him to team up with you" they blabber and blabber, Norman move closer and put his arms across their shoulders and laughed with them, they talked a bit and later Mama Isabella asked Ray for his assistance.

Norman and Emma head to the library to spend their time, she felt sorry that they can't play tag outside with her siblings, and felt annoyed with their all white uniform.
"Norman,have you ever seen Mama in rage?" They face each other on the opposite side of the table.

"Not really" he shake his head

"Mama's so kind,she's always like she won't spank anyone" she giggled
"And she always keep her composure like you"

"You think so?" he scratched his head

"Of course!"

She doesn't felt like reading a book neither he, There's a short silence when Emma spoked again.

"Norman, do you think we will able to stay here forever?"

"I don't think so, "
"one day someone will keep us, all of us will be separated..." He lower his voice

Ray entered and they looked at him
"Bad timing... are you on a date?" He didn't pick a book and just sat with them.

"Yes, you actually ruin it" Norman laughed

"I'm sorry"

"What are you talking Norman!!" She cried out

"I'm only kidding"

"Don't be like that Emma, Norman will be upset, right Norman?" and Norman crossed his arms and nodded with a bit blush on his cheeks.

"Ray!!!" She stood up from her chair.

"Okay let's cut it off" Norman chuckled

Ray took Emma's book she picked up from the shelf and began to read it,
"Emma, Mama were looking for you" Ray said

"Mama?" she smiled,
"Alright, I'm heading now" She walked fast and didn't bothered to look at them.

....