Arachnophobia Part 2

I started to attempt to get up and help the others, but I felt pain where Conner grabbed me. I fought through it only to hear the sound of Conner being pushed back then Zatanna scream in pain, finally I hear someone shout "No!!", that's how I knew he was gone.

After a few minutes I felt someone come and give me support to stand and walk out. I looked to see Kaldur by my side.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine. My body's healing as we speak." I assured. We then helped to pry Artemis and Wally from the wall. Next I healed all of them which awoke Robin and Zatanna.

"Now what? He's on his way to deliver M'Gann." asked Artemis.

"We still have time. I got the call around 4 and right now it's 8:30, meaning we have 3 hours and 30 minutes till midnight which will complete the 8 hour waiting period. Plus I think I have a way we can find him." I shape-shifted my hand into my sister's and created a large portal. "Ecnatsissa ruoy deeni dneirfe ym." I shouted into the portal. (Translation: My friend I need your assistance.)

Suddenly I was tackled by a dog-like creature whose fur was colored in reds, blue, oranges, purples, yellows, a pink, browns, whites and gold. I could feel the team get ready to attack. I started to giggle as it licked me with its snakelike tongue.

"Pu em teli esaelpo uoy dluoc tuba, lrig oota uoy ees ota doog s'ti." I said in my native tongue. (Translation: It's good to see you too girl, but could you please let me up.) She did as I said and after I was up I touched her head and focused hard as to transfer my newly learned language to her. With that completed I felt introductions were now in order.

"Everyone this is Aurora, my aura hound." I explained petting her.

"What exactly is an aura hound?" questioned Artemis.

"An aura hound is similar to a dog and is used for tracking by a person's aura. Some other differences between aura hounds and common Earth dogs is well like you saw they have snakelike tongues and they change their fur to match the aura of their partner, target or anyone they come in contact with. They also have a lethal bite because they eat poisonous and dangerous items. Don't worry though she's trained so she won't bite."

"Good to know." Wally commented as Aurora extended her tongue and licked him causing her fur to turn a shade of red and brown, yellows, blues, oranges and pinks also.

"Aw she likes you."

"The only girl who would go after him is an animal from a distant planet." laughed Artemis.

"So how is Aurora supposed to help us?" asked Robin.

"Simple she just has to go into Conner's room and get his trail." I answered as I walked to Conner's room with Aurora trailing behind. Once there I opened the door and let her do her thing. She started sniffing around the room. I felt her sense 5 auras. Mentally I told her to split into 5 and follow the auras hoping one would lead to Conner.

After she split into five they all turned the various colors of the owners of them. One turned into the colors of my aura which to me appeared to be normal. The others went off in different directions. All of my teammates auras were good colors but one in particular looked beautiful to me since I knew what the colors meant.

The next one walked to Robin, another to Wally and Kaldur. The last stopped in the exact spot Conner disappeared at.

"She found the trail." I informed everyone.

"Suit up. We leave in 10 minutes." Kaldur stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do we do about her?" I questioned Aqualad, meaning Zatanna.