Chapter 18

A/N - I got hit with a little inspiration so I posted it far sooner than I thought. I hope you enjoy and thank you for your support so far on the story! ❤❤

“Wow Katsuki! You look like you’re ready to pop!” Mitsuki called, as she walked up the front walk. Katsuki shot a look at his mate, as his mother pulled him in for a hug. “You’re going to have to work on losing all that baby weight extra hard, if you wanna reclaim your number 3 hero rating.”

“Fuck off.” Katsuki said, shrugging out of his mother’s arms.  Eijiro watched warily, trying to decide if he should distract Mitsuki or if this was just their typical banter. 

"That is no way to talk to your mother, brat. You know, when I had you, you couldn't tell I was showing until my third trimester and even then I was barely showing." Mitsuki continued to chatter as she hugged her son-in-law, who now could sense the irritation rolling off his mate. 

"Mitsuki-." Eijiro began before almost immediately being cut off. 

"I told you to call me mom." She said as she gently swatted his arm. 

"I'm sorry. Mom," He really emphasized the word before continuing. "How about we get you settled upstairs. Kat needs to go lie down, so I'll help you get situated."

"Isn't it a little late for a nap?" Mitsuki asked, checking her watch. It was almost 6:30, and they haven't even eaten dinner yet, but Eijiro knew that if the two spent too much time together tonight it wouldn't end well. Especially since she was staying with them until after Katsune was born. 

"He just needs to get off his feet. With the pup due any day now, he needs rest. Plus he was standing for a while making dinner. It's better if he goes and lays down."

"You're too doting on him. I told him when you guys started courting, that you were too good for him." Their voices faded as Eijiro escorted her to the guest room. 

Katsuki sighed before starting up the stairs himself. He made a beeline, as fast as he could at 37 weeks, for the nest. As difficult as it was, he gently lowered himself down and nestled into the blankets, pillows, and other various fabrics. He reached out and grabbed his two newest additions, one of Toshi's onsies that he had stolen the last time Izuku, Shoto and Toshiyuki came over. Katsuki wouldn't admit it to Izuku but he had grown very attached to the pup. The other was a t-shirt Denki had given him after catching him trying to sneak it out of their house. His friend's lemongrass and ylang ylang scent had become very comforting to him and his urge to nest had intensified. He had already rearranged the nursery three times, and he ended up putting it back the exact same way he and Denki had set it up the first time. Pressing the two stolen articles of clothing to his nose, he inhaled deeply. The scents were fading, as it had been about two weeks but Katsuki started to relax as the scents filled his nose. 

Eijiro came into the room about an hour later, closing the door behind him. In his hands he held two plates of food, and he came to settle in the nest with his mate. Katsuki sat up and grabbed one of the plates. 

"Remind me why I let you talk me into this again." The omega groaned, leaning his head against the alpha's shoulder. He started to eat his food as Eijiro chuckled. 

"Having your mom here? Because it'll be nice to have the extra help before and after Katsune is born. I know she's a pain in your ass, but I also know you love her and having her here will help."

Katsuki groaned. "You better fucking get here soon." He said putting his hand on his stomach, and getting a gentle kick, before shoveling more food into his mouth. "Thank you." He said a few minutes later. 

"No problem. I figured you'd be hungry and wouldn't want to come downstairs to -," The red head said, shrugging his shoulders, before getting cut off, something that he'd gotten used to after being around the Bakugos for this long.