Chapter 3: Not for now Matthews, not for now

Riley's POV

"MMMAAAYYYYAAAA!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. She came running in my window with a huge store bag filled with outfits. "Hang on....need....to breathe." She said with breaths in between. I grabbed the bag but quickly it was taken away. "Noooo Riley. Nobody touches this bag but moi." She digs in and takes out a weird looking green dress. It has sparkles all over and no straps. So? Whatcha think?" She asked smiling.

"Never in this world!" I said. "Maya, this is my first date, I need it to be perfect!" She rolled her eyes. "Riley, don't overreact. It's just Lucas, I'm pretty sure he'll like you no matter what." I blushed. "You think so?" She smiled. "I know so."

"I'm just nervous." I admitted. "I trust Lucas and all, but what if things go great?" She looked confused. "Wouldn't that be a good thing?" She asked. i sighed. "Yea, but no. If they do go great, then we could have a great relationship. But if it goes too great, things could go wrong, I should know. Ask my parents." I said. "Exactly, your parents. They were just some weird kids in love. But look at them now." She said.

She looked through the bag more, and pulled out a dress. It has a purple stripe at the waist and was filled with purple flowers. I've always had a thing with flowers, something about them. It always got a good feeling in me.

I smiled and made eye contact with Maya. "I think this dress is perfect for you. "She handed me it along with a purple hairband. I gasped and put it against my body. I looked in the mirror. "Maya, it's lovely. Thank you." I said hugging her. she hugged back. I squealed and clapped my hands.

"This is it Maya, after today I will no longer be Riley Matthews. "I said in a serious tone. "I will be Riley Matthews, the girl who's had her first date-yay!" She went in my closet,Took out my black boots from earlier, and gave them to me. "These will go good with the dress, and remember, don't be too quirky but don't act like someone you're not. Got it?" I nodded, probably looking like a weirdo. "Yep I got it, now if you would excuse me I have to change, for my date, with Lucas-YAY!" I said closing the door on her. Alright, Riley Matthews, you got this.

Maya's POV

Riley slammed the door on my face and left me and her hallway alone. Man, I'm starting to get kind of hungry. I walked into the kitchen and saw the Matthews family. It's always been my dream to have a family like this. A mom who's there for you all the time, a dad who doesn't leave you for another family, and a sibling, someone who could annoy you but is better than being alone. The dream family. I went into the fridge and got out and Apple.

"So, how in the world did you let Lucas and Riley go alone?" I asked to Cory. He chuckled. "Oh they're not going alone. "He said drinking from his cup. Wow, I'm not surprised. "You're going with them?" I asked. He turned to me. "I wish, I'm not, but Josh is." I widen my eyes and smiled. "Is he coming here?" I asked, twirling my hair. He looked at me like a foot was growing on my head. "What's going on between you two? Is there something I should know? "I shook my head. "Not for now Matthews, not for now."

"Josh." He said in the speaker box. i already started blushing and he hasn't come up already. Man I can't wait to see him. Something about him, ever since I saw him at the Christmas party. I- "and Samantha!" A girl said in the speaker box, as she interrupted my thoughts.

Wait, why did he have a girl with him? And if Josh is going to watch Lucas and Riley, then why- oh. I sat down. It's a double date. Riley and Lucas are going on a double date with Josh and whoever that girl is. I looked at my shoes. I suddenly was no longer hungry. I got up and went to the speaker box. "Ok." was all I could say for now. I buzzed them in and faced Cory. He looked straight at me. "You ok?" He asked concerned. I nodded. "I've told ya before Matthews, I'm always ok."

I grabbed my jacket and started to put it on. "What are you going?" He asked standing up. "I'm going to a place, where I know I can forget all of this." He grabbed my apple. "At least finish this first." He threw it to me and I catch it. I wanted to hurry though, I didn't want him to see me. I rushed eating every big bite as possible. Just as I was finished the door busted open.

It was Josh, with his date. They were both laughing until they faced me. "Oh, hey Maya." He said to me. "I looked down. "Hi." the girl stepped closer to me. "I'm Samantha, Josh's new girlfriend." She said smiling. Girlfriend. I repeat, girlfriend. That's when I froze. I stopped breathing, and looked up. She has blonde wavy hair and brown eyes. Her messy bangs covered up her pimples and her makeup looked like it was done by a clown.

Not to be mean, but she's pretty ugly. I mean, even if I didn't like Josh, she'd still be ugly to me. But boy, she's extremely lucky. I walked by them and opened the door.

"Have fun on your date, Josh." I slammed the door and started heading to the nighthawk diner.

Lucas's POV

I'm running late. So late, I bet Josh is already there. I started running outside and into the apartment building. As I got inside I noticed Maya walking out of there, looking pretty disappointed. "What's wrong Maya?" I asked confused. She looked up.

"It's nothing, hop-a-long." She said as plain as day. i knew something was up. She was looking down on the floor and started playing with her shoes. "Look, Riley must be getting worried. You should get buzzed in. I'll explain later." And with that she left.

I rushed towards the nearest speaker box and pressed down a button. "Lucas." I said. A few seconds later, I heard Josh. "Come up."

As soon as I did, I knocked on their door. I looked down at what I was wearing. It was a simple dark red long-sleeve top with some normal blue jeans. I also wore some vans that I just bought last week. When the door opened, my heart started to speed up. It was Riley. And she looked amazing. She was wearing a purple dress with a ton on flowers on it. I always thought she looked great in floral. She also was wearing a headband and her normal black boots that usually go with anything. I realized I was just staring at her this whole time. I think I should speak now.

"Wow, Riley you look amazing." I said, almost drooling. She blushed. "You look amazing too, Lucas."

"GRRRRR" I heard from behind. I turned to see who it was, and of course, it was Mr. Matthews. He looked at my like I just murdered someone. "Hey, you guys ready to go?" Said Josh, coming from behind the door. Riley looked at him confused.

"What do you mean we?" Riley asked. "I mean are we, all 4 of us, ready to go?" Riley's jaw dropped. "Are we all going on a double date?" She asked. "Yes, but just for this time. If I get a good report from Josh saying that Lucas is a great guy-" "Daddy, why can't you just trust him?" Everyone turned to me.

"I....I don't know. But trust me on this Riley, please." He said to his daughter. She then walked up to me. "You ok with this Lucas?" I grinned.

"I'm ok with everything, as long as I'm with you."