Chapter 8: Hi I'm Smackle,Future Mrs. Minkus

Lucas's POV

Tell me this isn't happening.

Tell me I'm in a dream.

Tell me Riley isn't going to the dance with another guy.

I decided I wasn't just gonna cry all day and think of how stupid I am, so I'm going to the bakery. As I left school, I went straight to Topanga's bakery. I ordered a drink and went to sit down at my usual spot. I should have just gone to a different bakery and just forget this one. But no. I had to order in that bakery and I just had to sit right next to an upset Riley.

She hasn't notice me, and I'm hoping she doesn't. Well I'm starting to think that this universe is starting to hate me.

"One strawberry banana smoothie for Lucas?" Said a waitress. Riley looked up and saw me. I went to get my drink and sat back down. Great, just great. Don't get me wrong, I want more than anything to talk to Riley right now, but she clearly doesn't want to talk to me.

"Lucas." I hear her say as she sighs. I turn to her. She's looking down, kicking her feet. As I stare at her I just take a moment to realize how beautiful she is. Not just on the outside but on the inside. The thing I love the most about Riley is how she's always caring about others before herself. She makes me feel like I'm just a normal guy, crushing on a flawless girl.

"Riley." I said back. I take a sip of my smoothie and look away. "Are you going to the dance?" She asked firmly. I kept looking away. "Why do you think I begged your dad to go?" I responded. I placed the smoothie on the table in front of us.

"Look, I get it, you're mad at me. But I just-" "I'm mad at you? I thought you were mad at me. Riley ever since last week it hasn't been the same. I don't like that about us." She faced me. "Well maybe it all would be the same if you didn't screw up and kissed Maya." My jaw dropped. "So you're saying this is all my fault?" She gave me a confusing look. "If you didn't kiss Maya then why would I be going to the dance with someone else?"

"Riley, are you telling me the only reason that were not going to the dance together is just because of a stupid kiss?" She stayed quiet. "Wow, I just- wow." I said. I picked up my smoothie and started heading to the door until she grabbed my hand."You literally proved to me that you can't be loyal to me. Why would I go to the dance with someone if they recently broke my heart?" She yelled.

"That's not the reason why I wanted to talk to you though." She said, tearing up. "I just wanted to say, please, don't fight at the dance. It'll make you in more trouble and it'll make me feel weaker than I already am. So please Lucas, if you really like and care about me, don't fight."

That's all she wants, you hear that Lucas? No. Fighting. I looked into her red eyes, a blink away from tears. I've never seen her like this. So.....broken. Usually that's Maya. Wait, where is Maya?

Maya's POV

"Maya! Someone's at the door!" My mom yelled.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god Josh is here. What time is it? I grabbed my phone and dropped my jaw. 5:00? Josh said he wouldn't be here until 7?! I picked up my bag and ran to get the door.

I took a big deep breath. "Here ya go Maya, your first proper date." I said. I opened the door only to find smackle standing there, like a homeless puppy. "Smackle?" I asked. She lifted her glasses with a finger.

"M-Maya? I need your help." She said. "I'm not the best at advice, I don't give it, I need it." I let her inside and closed the door. "Not to be rude, but I have the most important date of my life in 2 hours, what do you need?" I asked. She took a deep breath.

"Your school dance is tonight, and I want more than anything to go with Farkle." I looked at her strangely. "So you want me to make you pretty again?" She took off her glasses. "I really like Farkle, and I just really want to impress him. Could you help me look,pretty?" How can I say no to that? I get it when you like someone you don't have a chance with.

"Alright Smackle, I'll help. But I ain't promising anything."

2 hours later

"So? What do you think of my look?" I asked her. I turned her to my mirror. "Maya, I look amazing! Thanks again!" We hugged as he heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." I said. I got to the door and saw Josh, holding flowers and dropping his jaw. "Maya, you look-" "Who is it Maya?" Smackle asked.

"Who's that?" He asked. As Smackle came to the door, she smiled. "Hi, I'm Smackle, future Mrs. Minkus." She extended her hand. Josh gave me a weird look as he shook her hand. "I was helping her look good for Farkle. It's the school dance tonight.

"So your missing your school dance?" He asked concerned. I shook my head. "It's ok, I'd much rather go on a date with you than go to some dumb dance." He smiled.

"Am I ready to go Maya?" Smackle asked. I nodded my head."Go get him." I winked at her as she smiled. "Thanks, and good luck with Josh." She waved as she left the apartment.

"She seems nice, how come I haven't heard of her?" He asks. "Not really included that much in our life." He smiled and took my hand as we both left the apartment to go to the park. We walked around until we saw someone with an arm around someone.

"Riley?" Asked Josh. She looked up as us and stopped smiling. "Oh, hi Maya, Josh," she paused. "This is Charlie, my date, Charlie that's my uncle Josh." Josh's jaw dropped as his eyes widened. "Date? I'm sorry did I miss something?" He asked confused. I sighed. "Here we go." I said.

"Ever since last week Lucas and I haven't really been close, he did something which I don't know I can forgive him for. So I've decided to move on and go with Charlie." She explained. He turned to me.

"So Lucas just gave up?" He whispered to me. "He'd never." I said back.