Chapter 16

It had been a few days since the stuff that went down at the arcade. I didn't want to see Hawk so I stayed home for those few days, not really talking to anyone. Johnny had been helping Miguel try to walk again, which Miguel was getting pretty good at it again. Johnny had him doing some workouts, today was actually Miguel's first day back at school. Kreese was basically threatening the LaRussos. Everything was a mess. Since Kreese had taken over Cobra Kai, Johnny was looking for a new place to teach people karate. Daniel had come back from his trip and him and Sam went out fishing today. I decided that today I would go out with Johnny to look at some places. One was amazing, it had a juice bar but it was way too expensive. Then there was another but it was gross and dark. So then we went to a park. After we went to the school to see Miguel. We see him at his locker and walk up to him.

        "Sensei? Max?" Miguel asks. "How did you get thought security?" He asks.

        "I went to school here, you think I don't know all the secret ways in and out." Johnny smiles. "Hey I have some good news." Johnny says. "Found is a pretty sweet spot for our new dojo." He smiles.

        "Yeah?" Miguel asks. Johnny nods.

        "How's the recruiting coming?" Johnny asks. Miguel shakes his head. "That bad?" Johnny questions.

        "Just everything had changed sensei, Cobra Kai they, they all drank the Kool-Aid." Miguel says.

        "Kool-Aid? What wrong with Kool-Aid?" Johnny asks.

        "It's just Sensei Kreese is turning them into an army of assholes. There is no convincing them to leave." Miguel says. Johnny sees Hawk talking with some people.

        "Wait here." Johnny says. Johnny starts walking towards Hawk, Miguel and I don't listen and follow him. "Ok, listen up!" Johnny says loudly. Hawk looks at me for a second then at Johnny. "I screwed up, and I'm sorry. I made it about me and that's not what a Sensei does. I took the easy way out. I gave up. What happened here at this school, it rocked me to my core. Couldn't look myself in the eye, let alone face all of you." Johnny says.

        "Yeah. I guess it makes it easier to tell yourself that. But the truth is, you bailed on us long before that fight happened. You got soft. And we paid the price." Hawk says, I rolled my eyes. Johnny got closer to Hawk.

        "Now you listen up, when you came into my dojo you were softer than a baby's ass. I made you what your are, not Kreese. He doesn't give a shit about you, about any of you." Johnny says looking around. "So if you want to keep whining about the past like a bunch of pussies, fine. We can play that game. Wanna stick with Kreese? Go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you when your life ends up in the shitter. Or you could sack up and join my dojo." Johnny says, everyone was silent. "Havenhurst and Magnolia tomorrow at 4:00. If you wanna save yourselves, train the right way. You better be there." Johnny says and starts walking away I follow him. "And don't be late!" He shouts. He knocks some books out of this kids hands. "Sorry kid, old habit." He says.

        Now the next day, I was at the park watching Johnny teach his class. There were only 6 students including Miguel. But hey at least people were there. I was sitting on the grass just watching. Also looking around at the pretty trees. Johnny told them the name of their dojo 'Eagle Fang'. He threw a shirt at me, I put it on over the shirt I was wearing. Just then Hawk starts walking up two other guys behind him. But then more people start coming up, Tory, Kyler. And then Kreese. I roll my eyes, I see Hawk look at me and see him bite his lip. I roll your eyes once again. I flip him off. He immediately looks away. Then Kreese something about how he wouldn't let his students show mercy and end up in a coma. Miguel steps forward and so does Hawk. Kreese pushes Hawk back, then Kreese says a few more thing to Johnny then he looks at me.

        "Max." Kreese smiles. "This is your last chance to join Cobra Kai." He says.

        "Yeah no thanks." You say and point at all the Cobra Kai's. "These guys are a bunch of losers and assholes." You say and see some of the tense up. "Did they tell you I kicked most of their asses. All by myself." I smile. Kreese and none of them say anything. "That's right I don't need Cobra Kai." I say, looking away from Kreese Ilook at all the Cobra Kai's. I laugh a little.

        "You're going to regret that." Tory says.

        "No I don't think I will. I wouldn't try picking a fight with me Tory. Remember what happened last time. I kicked your ass." I laugh. She tightens her jaw. I stand up and Kreese walks over to me, he grabs my arm.

        "She's right you will regret decking that offer." He whispers.

         "No I won't, I'm not my dad. And just like all those losers over there I could kick your ass old man." I snap. He tightens his grin on my arm. I gasp from the pain.

        "Kreese let her go right now!" Johnny yells. Kreese doesn't listen instead his grip tightens a little more.

        "Sensei Kreese!" Hawk yells. Kreese let's go of my arm and turns to look at Hawk. I look at my arm, it was turning very red from where Kreeses hand was. "We should go Sensei Kreese." Hawk says. Kreese nods. And they all leave.