2. The Day I Tried To Live

The mysterious woman started to apply her natural signature makeup and later, she released her still wet hair from the cotton shirt she had on her head, revealing a beautiful wavy red hair, that unluckily she wasn't fond of. She was attractive, but not too much of a special beauty, more like a classic one; they guys felt like a bunch of creepers looking at her from their hiding place, but there was really nothing else to do, they were checking any opportunity to get out of there.

When she finished her makeup, she left her place and went again to her bathroom; the guys, seeing that she was taking a her time, were tempted to leave their place, but just when they were about to open the closet doors, this woman left the bathroom, revealing to them a nice outfit.

She seemed somehow to be in a hurry, so she took a look at her wrist watch that was lying on her bed night table and they saw how her appearance relaxed a little; then, she went to her drawers and started to look for something, until she took out a beautiful silk scarf that had the same color palette that her outfit had.

Soon, she went in front of the large mirror that was in one of the corners of the room, and she started to style the silk scarf around her neck in a way that could protect her neck from the chilly weather that apparently was outside. Then, the guys noticed how she abruptly stopped styling the scarf, as the gaze of this woman focused on the reflection of the old and elegant chandelier that decorated the bedroom.

She turned around, with the scarf half-done still on her neck, and she started to walk slowly towards the chandelier direction, without taking her gaze from it; once she was right below it, she took her gaze from the ceiling to the large piece of fabric that was hanging from her neck, took it with her hands and then returned her gaze to the chandelier.

"What... what is she...?" Chris whispered with a lot of tension as the rest of them noticed the woman's attempt.

She climbed a furniture that was near her bed, and in a wink, she had a good height from which she could tie the fabric to the base of the chandelier and then jump.

"We have to stop her, she's gonna hang herself, we can't let her do that" Edward said, with fear in his voice. Nobody knew why he was worried about this woman, but they were feeling the same way.

"What if the freaks out?" Jeffrey added this time.

"But-" Edward was cut off, as a loud meow was heard, making the woman to have a small jump.

"Bowie! What are you doing here?" She said with a strong but nice tone of voice, and this was the first time they heard her talking. Luckily for them, it wasn't a high-pitch voice woman like several they had met before.

The gorgeous black cat climbed the furniture and started to rubbed against her bare feet,making her smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna do it... at least not today" She answered more to herself than to the cat, but just when she was about to get off the wooden furniture, somebody crashed into her bedroom.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURL!" A happy man said with a joyful tone.

"Thank you, Naomi" The redhead added with a weak and nostalgic smile, while getting off the furniture with her cat, and hugging her friend.

"Make a wish" He said, placing a small cupcake with a tiny candle in front of her.

She smiled a little and after thinking about something she nodded and blew out the candle.

"Congratulations!!! But hey... What the hell were you doing up there?" Naomi suddenly changed his joyful tone for a serious one.

"I was just... seeing if the chandelier was dusty" She added.