6. I Think He Knows

Extra long chapter because it's been ages since the last time I updated this story but here it is. Thank you so much to everyone who read this, comment and vote, especially for waiting patiently for my update, and sorry if I have taken so long, but this month has been crazy with lot of work from school, so seriously, thank you 🥺❤️ Hope you liked it, have a nice day! X

✨                          ✨                          ✨

"Are you ready?" Mike asked as Naomi and the rest took a break after putting all the decorations.

"I'm kinda nervous.... To be honest" Naomi answered, taking out some beers from the fridge.

"But why? Come on, you've been planning this for almost a whole month, is gonna be great" Stone added in a cheerful way, as he took the beer Naomi handed him and thanked him.

"I don't know... It's been a lot since I've been to a party... and it's my party" Naomi added this time.

"It's gonna be great, just relax... even I am excited for this party and you know I don't like big reunions" Thea added, sipping on her beer.

"Yeah, you're all right... I'm just gonna relax and enjoy my birthday"

"You don't turn 26 every day, man... and it's so great that coincided with Halloween" Jeff said, raising his can of beer, as they shared a laugh.

It was almost midnight, and the guys had helped Thea and Naomi to decorate the house and the backyard for Omi's birthday party next day; Chris wasn't there at the moment because he was still working at that hour, possibly ending his shift.

After Naomi and Thea helped the guys to have fake papers to get the jab, the guys started to look for a job in Seattle, and they found some quite quickly; as odd as it sounded, Chris ended up working again at the Ray's boathouse as a sous chef just as he did in his teens, which made him feel weird at first, but he felt comfortable soon as he thought of it as something that kept him somehow linked to his own era even in this modern time he was trapped  in.

Eddie found a job as an attendant in a music store in the downtown, and he quickly made himself a good reputation with the clients as he had an extra kindness and patience to explain certain traits for some of the needed equipment like amplifiers or instruments, especially guitars.

Stone and Jeff landed a job as waiters in a nice coffee shop, while Mike found a job in a lovely second-hand bookstore; all the guys were working hard as they didn't feel comfortable living for free in the guy's place, even though Thea and Naomi never pressure them to look for a job, they just felt it was the right thing to do, as well as to help with some stuff for home, like food and so.

In a few days the guys were going to be officially two months since they travelled to 2021, as the end of October was two days later and the day after that November would be there, and fortunately, they adapted quickly and in a positive way, despite the hard times they had at the beginning, especially with all the protocols they had to follow due to the virus.

Naomi decided to make a small party with only 50 people, as Thea convinced him it was safer this way; he also decided that the theme of the party would be 90s, as a way of homage for their current guests so they didn't feel so uncomfortable.

The guys had also improved their skills with the current year technology, and thanks to Thea and Naomi's patience, they were able to use correctly a laptop, smartphones and other devices. Chris would always send a text before leaving the restaurant, as the guys told them it was just a security thing they had since times were very different now.