🌱 They meet again 🌱

A few weeks later, a casual meeting was finally arranged between Pico and your father. He knocked at the front door of your parent's house. You were already there, nervous but also ecstatic to finally have Pico meet your father.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. You instantly got up, and ran to the door to open it.
"Pico!" You said excitedly. "Hey Y/n!" He replied, handing you the flowers he had bought for you. Your father instantly (but also gently) pushed you behind him, as you were smitten with Pico's gesture. Pico sat down and made small talk with your mother, buttering her up with talking positively about you, the decorations, almost everything. Your dad rudely interrupted the conversation.

"So why are you interested in Y/n?" He asked bluntly.
"I just think that they're a nice person, very sweet, and I deeply care about them."
Your dad looked at him with a suspicious expression.
"You better not just be dating them just to boost your own ego."
"I'm not, sir. If anything I'm there to boost theirs." Pico replied, trying to crack a joke to break the consuming tension. Your mother chuckled, but your dad was still kind of suspicious.
"Are you attending therapy?" He said, referring to the trauma of school shooting that happened 8 years previously. "Mhm. It has helped me a lot, actually." Pico replied.

Your father, having nothing to point towards an unstable mind begrudgingly accepted defeat.
"If you ever lay a finger on Y/n, or take advantage of them, kill them, or anything similar, I will make sure you wish were never born."

Pico nodded, and replied. "Understood."

_________________