🌱 Drowning 🌱

You gave into his requirements. You were desperate for freedom, love, and hope. This was your story. A tragic tale, of an innocent young person being turned into a monster by their abuser.

Of course, your story had happened years ago, and now, you did his bidding. You were his lapdog, you did any and everything for him. Not only for his approval but out of fear of what might happen if you didn't.

He only did it because he loved you. Right?

You were just being difficult.

He was possessive of you because he cared about you.

He did this to you because he loves you.

It was worth it.

Everything was worth it.

Even losing contact with your parents, being isolated, and carrying out murders, hits, thefts, and taking advantage of everyone.

It's a cold world out there, kid. Every man is for himself.

But, you had protection, and you would do anything to keep that protection.

--

Eventually, your deeds had finally caught up to you. During one of the hits you were commanded to carry out, you were drunk. You drank to keep the thoughts of what you were doing out of your head, to ultimately forget what you had been through, and what you had done to get where you are now.

Deep down inside, you knew you had been manipulated, and felt guilty for everything.

But as long, as he was happy, nothing else mattered.

Because you were drunk, you were sloppy with the operation and ended up getting caught. Over the course of a few months, other murders had been uncovered. The odds were stacked against you.

And when you stood there alone in that courtroom, where was he?

The man who you loved, the one who supposedly loved you.

In the end, you were alone. Like how you began.

He had ruined your life, and now, you had to spend the rest of your life in prison.

That is unless he broke you out to do more of his bidding, but you just weren't sure of the chances of that.

You felt like you were drowning in this life before, but now, you had drowned. You're at rock bottom, and nothing had been worth it in the end.

Absolutely nothing.