🌱 Underwater 🌱

A few days after the date, you started receiving creepy and weird notes. 

He knew your patterns.

Just when you started getting comfortable, he'd scare you again with another note.

He'd describe your hair, your eyes, your body, and even more in horridly accurate and perverted detail. He'd describe the things that he wanted to do to you, and how sickening it was for him to not be able to reach you.

"I love you."

"I wish I could touch you."

"You're so.. Pretty."

"It's a shame you tried to run away from me like this."

Eventually, not being able to take it anymore, you came to your father about these notes. You were on the verge of bursting into tears when you explained everything, and your mother could barely even process what you had been going through for the past month or so of your life.

You felt like vomiting, even thinking about him. You hoped and hoped that it was just a nightmare, but no matter how much you wished, it wasn't.

It was real.

Your father filed a police report, in an attempt to gain some protection, but without any evidence of harm, there was nothing much your family could do. So, instead, they just barred you from going out until everything was over.

The only comfort or solace you could find was over the internet, just waiting for this whole thing to be over.

You felt like someone had dunked your head underwater, but kept you underwater. You couldn't breathe, you were scared, and it was highly, highly uncomfortable.

---

You stared at your ceiling, waiting to fall asleep.

It was just a 'normal' night for you. Stuck in your room, on your phone, fantasizing about the things you wish you could do.

You hadn't really stopped crying or being worried. You felt like vomiting all the time and even stopped eating.

You started wondering if your choice to even talk about it was a good one. You wondered if moving away was even a good choice. Nothing much has changed, except for the spike of fear that sent a shockwave throughout your family.

You turned off your phone, tossed it to your side, and pulled your cover up to your face.

You went to a fantasy land in your mind to escape the depressing reality you were living through, it felt like a nightmare had come to life.

Just as you had finally, almost lulled yourself to sleep.

You heard a whisper.

It was a warm whisper.

Out of fear, you pretended to still be asleep, but the words that the 'voice' said haunted you.

"You'll come back to your senses soon. Don't worry."

Not being able to take it anymore, you sprung up out of your bed, ready to confront whoever was there, just whispering to you less than a second ago. But there was nothing.

You started breaking down.

You couldn't even tell what was real and what wasn't anymore.

You felt utterly hopeless, and the only safe place you had was now being violated by him.

You couldn't take it anymore, and in feeling that way, you cried, with sobs just barely suppressing your words -

"I should have just taken the stupid job! I should have just done what I was told! Maybe I'd still have my freedom and even my sanity! I can't take it anymore!" You screamed. You didn't care if it woke up your parents or your neighbors, but you were done.

You couldn't handle this anymore.

Before you could sob another word, you heard footsteps coming from behind you. When you quickly turned around, you saw Him, Pico, giving a snarky grin at you. You then peered behind him, seeing that your closet door was wide open.

Somehow, he had gotten into your house and was now invading your space.

"I told you you'd need me."

"What... What are you doing here?" You asked, before feeling the beginning of another fit of cries and tears bubble up in your chest.

"I couldn't just let go of you. You're too special. And besides, I own you. You owe me."

"I-"

"You caused this. So, let's cut the crap and just get to the point." Pico said as he bent down to your level. He moved some frazzled strands of hair out of your face, and gently rubbed your face.

You hated it, and you felt anger arise in your chest when you felt his skin on yours, but at the same time, you craved comfort in this horrible time of your life, even if he was the one who caused it.

"Don't cry... I hate seeing you this way... But I had to make you realize," Pico said as he comforted you further. "You have a debt to pay, and you need me. And I need you. As long as you fulfill your role, You can have as much freedom as you like. I have loved you since the moment I saw you, and I couldn't keep pretending anymore... it was bound to crack. I don't want to hurt you or make you scared anymore. I just ask of you one thing, and one thing only. Just promise that..."

"You belong to me, and me only."