Day 3 (1:09 a.m.)

Jacob's POV

Aiden started tugging at his hair, ripping small tufts out.

"Those are gonna leave red marks."

Aiden and I have been dating since his first year at our school. I accidentally hit him in the back of the head with a football and then he threw it right back at me. But when I caught it, he just growled and called me a donkey-faced-pack-of-testosterone. That's how we met. But neither of us are out yet so we don't get very affectionate in public. We pretend to hate each other so no one suspects anything. But if anything happens, I don't want our last moments together to be full of fake anger and annoyance.

"Aiden, relax-"

Aiden cut me off my slapping me across the face and pulling me up and off of the couch by the collar of my shirt.

"NO!" Aiden screamed, and everyone's eyes widened. "NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! I WOULD PREFER IF EVERYONE HERE COULD SURVIVE! YOU GUYS ARE THE FIRST PEOPLE EVER TO MAKE ME FEEL SOME SORT OF CALM AND MAYBE EVEN HAPPY IN AN EXTREMELY SCARY AND STRESSFUL SITUATION! SO NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! I DON'T WANT ANYONE HERE TO DIE!"

I pulled Aiden closer to me and he shuddered as if he was holding back tears.

"Aiden, none of us are going to die. Not tonight." I whispered, and Eliza and Kiara exchanged worried looks.

Aiden's fists squeezed my shirt even tighter as if it were all he had.

"This isn't game, Jacob. If one of us dies we can't just revive or take a break then try again tomorrow. If we die, it's over. No matter how it seems." He took a shuddery breath. "You can't promise something like that. You can't get my hopes up."

I lifted Aiden's chin so that he was facing me, tears in his eyes.

"Hope is all we have left. Plus each other." I smiled and Aiden released a short breath as if he was trying not to breathe.

"And weapons!" Sophia added, and I shot her a look, letting her know that I was trying to have a moment.

"Yes, and weapons." I rolled my eyes slightly and a small smile made it's way onto Aiden's face.

At the sight of the smile, my heart felt like it was going to burst. "My beautiful angel."

I pressed a quick kiss to the tip of his nose and I could hear the girls all gasp. "I promise I will survive."

Aiden let out a breath once more, much longer this time, and backed away from me, nodding.

"Okay. Know that if you break your promise, I'm going to kill you." He mumbled, wiping his tears and I snorted.

"Yeah. Whatever you say." Aiden quickly stepped back toward me, pulling me into a hug.

He turned away from me before I could hug back and he sniffled. "Okay. So what now?"

Sophia raised her hand. "Two things. That was fricken beautiful and two, I think we should all take showers."

We all turned to Sophia with a "what the fuck" face.

"No offense Sophia, but how we smell should be the least of our concerns right now." Kiara said, and we all nodded.

Sophia crossed her arms. "No! That's not what I mean! I was just thinking that the kidnapper doesn't seem like the type of person to kill someone while they're naked!"

Aiden facepalmed and I shrugged. "Why not? I'll go first to check it out."

Everyone else nodded warily, but Aiden shook his head aggressively.