Chapter 10 - Suit Up

The song ended a minute later and you and Loki really had a fun time dancing, but it was strange how you both looked into each other's eyes in a not-so-friendly-way and more like an I-think-I'm-in-love-with-you kinda way, but unfortunately for you guys, FRIDAY interrupted the moment.

"Miss Brock and Mr. Friggason, the Avengers require your presence in the meeting room."

"Okay, thanks Fri", you said, looking up at the ceiling.

Bitch had to ruin the moment, Guillotine said in your mind.

Yeah, I know, but FRIDAY's nice. "Whelp, guess the party's over", you sighed.

"Hm, maybe not", Loki said confidently.

You turned to him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Perhaps we can return from whatever it is that we're needed for and enjoy some more dancing, or perhaps we can read or..."

"Sorry to interrupt, but did you finish the A Series of Unfortunate Events books I gave you last time?" you asked.

"Yes, I did I quite enjoyed them", he hummed. "Why do you ask?"

"There's a TV show with all of books 1-13, maybe we can watch it after", you suggested.

He smiled. "I quite like that idea."

You smiled back. "Really? You do?"

"Yes. Now I believe we've been summoned, shall we go?"

"Yes, we shall", you giggled. Wait, did you just ask him out?? No, that's not asking someone out, now is it? Probably not... unless it was...

~~~

"Whomst has summoned the almighty one?", you joked as you raised your arms, sauntering in the room with Loki by your side. He chuckled at your silly comment.

"Y/N, Guillotine, Loki, good to have you guys here", Steve said. "We need you-"

"To stay here, right? Yep, okay gotcha! Loki, let's go see the show now-" you grabbed Loki's arm and turned around to leave the room but-

"We need you for this mission... and possibly more in the future", Steve continued slowly, not wanting you to freak out.

You turned around to face the rest of the group with a shocked look and raised borrow. Usually when they'd go on missions, Cap would tell you to stay at the Tower with Loki (or if he had to go, then you'd just hang out by yourself), but this time, it's seems they think you're ready."You guys are for real?" They all nodded. "Wow", you said then turned to look at Loki and mouthed, "shit!"

"Time to suit up", Tony said. "You too, Reindeer Games."

Loki rolled his eyes at the nickname but a flash of green magic washed over him and now he was wearing his Asgardian armour while Guillotine took over your figure, growing a bit taller with her dark purple self revealed once again, only half of her face uncovered one side of yours so the both of you were able to communicate to the team.

"So what have we got?" you asked while Guillotine was sharpening her nails.

"HYDRA's planning on taking down a military base so they can create more super soldiers", Steve explained, putting a hand on Bucky's shoulder in comfort as his friend looked uneasy.

"In order to do so, they're going to take them hostage make them stronger with the super serum but they're also going to control their minds", Bucky added grimly, the memories of being mind controlled haunting him.

Wow, that's really bad, you thought.

For once, I actually agree with you, Guillotine replied back in your head.

"And how do you guys know all that?" you quipped.

Nat came and plopped a file on the round table that withheld the info about HYDRA's plan. You picked it up and looked it over. "Huh...", you flipped through the pages, "wow, this is insane. How'd you get this?" you asked her in amazement.

She smirked a bit. "We've got our ways." Ah. That checks out (wink).

"And where is this military base at?" you asked.

"New Jersey."

"Guess we have quite the trip ahead of us, don't we, eh?" you muttered jokingly, nudging Loki in the arm as you and the rest of the group made your way onto the landing pad where the Quinjet was waiting.

"Yes, yes we do", he sighed in agreement.

~*•*~

I have so much math work I have to do

I usually don't let it pile up but this time my procrastination really said "no ❤️".

But HEY, at least it's Friday!

Amirite, bitchez?✨

-M. the Master/CEO of Procrastination ♉️💚