Chapter Twenty One

[A.N.: Hello, people, author-nim here. It's been wayyyyyyy too long. I'm sincerely sorry for being absent. The blues had gotten worse in the last two and half months but that's no excuse. I'll try updating everyday from now on for a while, so please bear with me. Gomen nasai to arigato gozaimasu. If I still have readers, please enjoy and be brave😘]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The 2nd year students have a test today and Jukyung specially wants to do well this time. Or her precious makeups are going to get thrown away. Who would want that? She's studying really hard. Maybe a little too hard. She doesn't even notice the tree in front of her. But before she can break her temple, a hand stops her from hitting the tree. The hand belongs to Han Seo Jun.

"Wah~ You saved me." But Jukyung couldn't thank him.

"You? I saved the tree." He hits her forehead lightly with his palm. "Wah~ Just like a rock. The poor tree would have died."

Unbeknownst to the two, someone was staring at them, fixed eyed. The corners of her mouth lift up through the burning in her chest. Ko Nara decides that this burning is because of the jealousy as she can't join the two yet. She decides not to listen to the quiet voice in her head, claiming a whole other reason for that. She sprints towards the two and pounces on Seo Jun's back, clutching onto his shoulders tightly.

"Yo."

"Nara-ah, that guy is being mean."

"Who are you calling that guy, huh?!"

"He's an idiot, ignore him." She smiles at her friend.

"Annoying the girl you like? That's so elementary student like." Nara whispers into his ear then lets go of his shoulders. She jumped too high, that's totally the reason why her heart is hurting again. She has to build up more stamina anyway.

"Wai- YA, Ko Nara! Listen to me." Nara walks away with Jukyung and the both read together from the sheets Jukyung had been reading from. Seo Jun strides up to them.

"Lis-"

"No, can't do~ We are studying."

"Why are you two studying so hard anyway?"

"We have a test. Did you forget?"

"No, I didn't know at all." He non-committally shrugs.

"I get that you don't care about school but you should take care about the exams." Jukyung reprimands the boy. Nara searchs for a glow to appear on his face.

"Nara, what's your favorite number among one to five?"

".....Four, I guess? Why, though?"

"I won't fill number four in my answer sheet. What's yours?" He motions at Jukyung.

"Three." She replies enthusiastically.

"Then I won't fill up four or three." He walks away from the two girls, smirking to himself.

"What a liar."

"Mm?"

"Nothing." Nara links her arm with Jukyung and the two walk in a comfortable silence.

"Psst" "psst" Seo Jun is sleeping peacefully with his empty answer sheet under his elbow and Nara is trying to wake him up. How is he going to woo a girl if he doesn't even listen to her advice? Girls like thoughtful guys and this idiot doesn't seem to have any idea about that. The teacher turns around and stops walking in front of the teacher's desk. Nara hastily faces forward and glances down at her desk blankly. She has already answered most of the questions. Why is she working so hard for that little shit anyway?