- Chapter 12 -

Curly Shepard's Point of View

*another couple of months later*

"You almost ready?" Curly shouts up the stairs. We were about ready to leave to go to prom and he was getting impatient. 

"You're the one who got here early, hun. Wait a minute," I call back, fixing my curled hair over my shoulders. I blink on some mascara and put on red lipstick to match my wine red dress. 

An off-white sash cinches it around my waist and a matching piece is tied around my neckline. It puffs out around my waist and flows around my knees. I'm wearing one of my mom's bracelets on my right wrist and a pair of her earrings as well. She wouldn't notice anyway. 

As I walk down the stairs, I hear Curly moving around. He doesn't even notice when I reach the bottom, too busy staring out the window. After a moment, he turns, and a big grin shifts across his face. He's not dressed up, but I've learned that he never does. It doesn't bother me much like it does other girls. I like dressing up, some people don't. 

I can say that he is dressed better than he usually is. Instead of a t-shirt, he has a button-down with the first two buttons undone. The new leather jacket I had gotten him is draped over the back of a chair, he let me keep his old one. 

Curly whistles and licks his lip where his cigarette usually sits. His tongue peeks through his teeth and he winks, stalking over. His hands grab my waist roughly and push me against the wall. I smirk and giggle as I look up at him. He captures my lips in a kiss and I wrap my arms around his neck. 

"We gotta go," I pant, smiling up at him. I give him one last, quick, kiss. My lipstick must be so messed up. I grab a small mirror from a drawer and check it. Oh yeah. Quickly reapplying it, we head out the door. 

"Tim let me borrow the car," Curly whispers lowly right behind my ear. "We got it all night, princess." He kisses my temple and glides over the hood to the driver's side. Laughing, I let myself into the passenger seat. 

We pull up to the school and I can already see Curly glaring about at half the people there. I grab his hand that's was on the gear shift, tucking mine under it. 

"Remember what you promised?" Curly stays silent. He didn't like the agreement. I told him that I wasn't gonna go with him if he was gonna be fighting, so he had to promise not to do any fighting tonight. Tomorrow was fair game, but not tonight. Tonight was for us, he was even gonna spend he night. That was part of the deal. He didn't fight and he could stay over tonight. 

"Yeah yeah," he grumbles. I know he's mad, so I lean over the middle seat and kiss his cheek. The corners of his lips turn up and his eyes narrow. "I love you," I whisper so close to his ear that we were nearly touching.  I could tell Curly's attitude always changed when I did that. Doesn't matter if he was angry, happy, sad, that would get his attention real fast. 

Curly speeds into a spot, making a tight turn that practically sends me out the open window. I didn't realize that he hadn't buckled until I saw that he didn't have to unbuckle before scooting on top of my and kissing me hard. Damn it, Curly, someone's gonna see us. This lot is packed. He already messed up my makeup once. 

"Curly," I pant, twirling the hair on the back of his neck around my finger. "Come on, we don't have time for this. Tim's gonna kill you." 

"I think we have plenty of time, princess," he whispers. "Tim doesn't need to know anything." 

And he didn't. Tim didn't need to know. What he did need to know, and would probably find out, was that Curly did indeed get into a fight that night. He broke his promise and I hadn't even noticed that he snuck out to the parking lot until everyone started running out the doors to watch. I followed, hoping it wasn't him. Deep down I knew it would be. Curly doesn't know when to back down. 

Heads bobbed in front of me and I could barely see. What I could see was a boy with black curly hair with a switchblade in the perfect position to cut someone to ribbons. A sly smirk was on his face and I just know he has no clue what he's doing right now. He doesn't think right in fights.

Angela is next to me, we had been sitting with her and she came out with me. Seeing the look on my face, she shoved to the front of the crowd. I snuck around to the side. I wanted to stop him, but no words would come out and I wasn't gonna walk right into a knife fight.

A cop gets in the middle and breaks it up, by not before Curly earned himself a cut down his side/chest area. I wanted to help him, but as I took a step forward I saw another girl grabbing his hand and…and kissing him. I shake my head and blink away the gloss covering my eyes. I don't even go back inside the school. I knew it. I knew this was too good to be true. I knew Curly Shepard was a no good hood.

Angela Shepard's Point of View
"Where's Ella?" Curly asks as he sits down at the table. He was nervous. Any fool could see it. I stood up and I smacked him right across the face. Curly stood up fast, grabbing his cheek. 

"She left you dipshit," I shout. "That girl was the best thing that ever happened to you and you go off kissing some whore!" I would say no offense to that girl, by it's pretty well-known that Curly and Ella are a couple. There's no way she couldn't know. 

Curly curses under his breath and tries to leave. I grab his arm and yank him back, hitting him in he head again. He shoves me back and glares at me. She can't get anywhere on foot when Curly has the car. 

"Go kiss your new bitch, you dickwad."

 Ella could have done so much better than Curly. She's a good kid, he didnt deserve her. She even let him stay at her house when him and Tim got into it bad. Hell, she let me stay over there a few times! She made excuses so I could see my friends, she fixed my hair. I'm gonna kill Curly. He messed up and he messed up bad. 

Any idiot could see how head over heels he was for her. He had heart eyes every time she showed up. I'd never seem him smile so much. Curly never went steady with anyone, but she was different. She dealt with his shit. 

He'd better start praying because I'm about to rock his shit.