Chapter 6: I Have No Words

-Kylie's POV-

"Yeah gurl! Why you? Everyone here is in shock!" Mandy Tamerine, a girl who was friends with Vanessa and also helped me to fend off Stella's clique asked me while we were taking our own food.

When I wanted to reply, Hailee Manchester also another new friend whom I had just made said, "Mandy! Let's talk around the table. We have an hour."

"Yeap." I muttered under my breath, still not believing that such an unfortunate incident could happened to me on my first day of school somemore.

After getting to my seat, Vanessa immediately took the seat that was in front of me and said, "Ok Kylie! Spill it!"

I gazed nervously around the table, expecting to see angry faces glaring at me but no. These people really looked genuinely happy for me?

"To be honest guys. I really don't know how did this happen at all. Remember peeps, I'm just a newbie." I told them sadly as I gazed at my plate of fish and chips, suddenly feeling not hungry.

Anne, who was sitting next to me gave bear hug and started squealing. Next to her, Hailee who was busy munching and slurping down her mushroom pasta said, "Actually, we aren't angry with you. Besides, I do feel that you and Stuart would make a cute couple! Right, Vanessa?"

"Yes!! Definitely!" Squeaked Vanessa.

"Pshh...You're really lucky Kylie. First day already in some boy problem. I applaud for that." Said Mandy in a boring tone as she dig into her fish and chips ravenously.

Soon, it was awkward silence. I felt like I needed to clarify something, however, Jennifer beat me to it.

" That Stuart guy really made my heart flutter just now... Don't mind me Kylie. He's so handsome and hot. Like a god," butted Jennifer.

"I know right! If only he can just take a glance at me for once." Mandy replied while looking at a corner where Stuart was sitting with the soccer players. Maybe he's one too.

Suddenly, another clique of girls appeared at the table, and they were acting very bimbo. They flirted with everyone at the table because most of the boys were well built and good looking too.

But I pity Stuart though. He was surrounded by three pretty girls.

However, I had no idea why. But I just wanted to push the idea of having Stuart as a potential boyfriend.

I remembered what my parents said whenever I went to a new high school and they also recently repeated that line to me.

"Kylie, no boyfriend until you graduate from university. If you have one, bring him to your father."

Since I was a very obedient girl to my parents, I decided to listen to them yet again. Hence, I blatantly told the excited girls at the table with me that I didn't like him at all and I got shocked faces staring back at me.

Jennifer shrieked softly," Are you mad?! How could you? Well, all the better for me then. Sorry Kylie, haha."

Vanessa pushed her glasses nearer to her eyes and whispered, " Are you serious?" Mandy, Hailee and Anne started giving each other looks of disbelief, but I caught them smiling though.

Man...These girls must be really into Stuart. Such a lucky guy.

Well, in the end I had no more words to tell them. I picked up my tray and told them that the next period was starting soon.

The girls quickly scrambled to their feet and took their trays to the returning point, and at the same time asked me whether I'm free after school to do some shopping, which I politely declined as my parents were fetching me home.

As I was walking to my class, I caught a glimpse of Stuart looking at me from a corner as I walked to my classmate.

"What's happening..." I thought to myself.
*********************************