Chapter 10: To Know You More

-Stuart's POV-

Kylie? What on earth was she doing in my house? Oh right... My mum just said that they were our neighbors.

I caught a whiff of the fruit cake that was left in the kitchen counter and hurried towards it, my stomach was rumbling since I hadn't eaten lunch after I got home from school.

I stole a peak at Kylie's face and I really wanted to laugh at it, since it was the weirdest shocked look I had ever seen in my entire life.

"Hello Aunty, my name is Stuart Finnicks and this is my younger brother Dylan." I said politely while painting my finger up towards the stairs where my little brother was hiding. Well, he's always been a shy boy. But he could really warm up to people if he likes them.

And yet again, after introducing myself, Kylie's mouth formed into an "o" shape, as though she didn't believe that I'm her neighbor in the first place.

I walked towards her and said, " You must be the girl I met in school right? Kylie's your name! HAHA! I still remembered." I didn't know the reason of why I was smiling while talking to her like this.

I saw Kylie's mouth stuttering but words just couldn't get out of her.

"Ooh! So you two already met in school? What a coincidence!" Gushed my mum while bringing out the fruit cake that she just cut. "Please eat it! And if you all don't mind, care to join us for dinner?"

"Oh that's alright Tiana! I had already prepared the ingredients for tonight's dinner." Kylie's mum told her sadly.
But I knew my mum always had a solution to make another party stay, plus, I wanted to try having dinner with Kylie for the first time too.

Soon, my thought came true. My mum was trying to convince Kylie's mum to bring her ingredients to my house so that they could cook dinner together.

Well done Mum. Always full of ideas.

In the end, Kylie's mum gave into my mum's convincing and told Kylie to call her dad to come over to my house for dinner, which she innocently agreed before stealing another glance at me and opened the house door with her phone clutched in her hands.

Well well Kylie, what was that about?
Ever since after meeting you today in school, you're definitely one girl I'm interested to find out about.