Chapter 2: The Present Life

-Kylie's POV-

"Kylie! Time for you to get out of bed! You have to go school!" Shouted my Mother from downstairs. " Okay!" Was my reply back to her.

Now, I am 16 years old and it's been four years since my sister's disappearance and my whole family never gave up finding her, scouring every part of America which caused my family to move house frequently.

Currently, we finally settled down maybe for good in California and this meant a new school once again with a new life to start afresh. The reason for staying in California was because people called us to inform about our sister's whereabouts and that they had spotted an older version; look- alike her here.

Father until now is more than determined to find Linda after pasting more than a hundred pictures of her in every area where we moved before and was sick of moving around so much and constantly changing jobs.

My mother on the other hand was a housewife. She quitted her job back then after Linda went missing and stayed at home in case there were phone calls being received about her.

Finally, no more moving, I thought to myself.

To be honest, I actually felt quite relieved about of it, although I really want my sister back. But my next fear were the school jitters for I get them every time I entered a new school.

"It's okay Kylie. You can deal with it! No biggie!" I muttered under my breath as I put on my new school uniform that was carefully ironed to perfectness by my Mother just yesterday night and thank goodness it just exactly fits me right, with the school crest in the left side of the uniform, Gregglin High School.

My first impression of this school when I visited their open house was that its name sounded weird and was probably filled with nerds; no one really caught my eye. Yet maybe, it could be a start of a new life where I won't be attracting any sort of future attentions from my family's current situation if I were to keep things under covers.

Maybe, perhaps changes might occur? Damn... one would never expect.
***********************************