Chapter 9: No Way...

-Kylie's POV-

"Mum! I'm home!" I shouted at the door as I entered my house. My mother came out from the kitchen, which I guessed that she's was probably preparing lunch for me and it smelled like my favorite food that she would ever cook for me.

"Hey dear! How was school?" She smiled at me while holding a plate of grilled chicken chop, that had always been a delicacy to me since I was 13. And I only loved the way she cooked the chicken and fry the fries. Hence, I was right about the smell of my favorite food.

"FOODDD! Oh and school was alright. Made a couple of friends along the way." I grinned at her, still thinking about what happened between me and Stuart and was obviously not gonna tell her. She would tell my Dad and he would skin me alive.

"Well, I'm glad you're coping well. Your dad and I had been worried that you would feel awkward attending there...Since I also thought that the school would be full of nerds and stuff, like the name of the school...Appears that I'm wrong." My mum said embarrassedly. Wow, daughter and mum thought the same thing. Fate.

"Nah! It was really fine and cool!" I replied her while gobbling down my tender and juicy chicken with black pepper sauce all over it. I ate the fries next which weren't too salty and oily.

That was why my mum always made the best chicken chop ever. She should seriously open a shop if she was ever bored at home.

"Oh, Kylie?" My mum called out from the kitchen. I swung my head and asked what she wanted me to do.
"Apparently, a new family had just moved next door! I plan to welcome them although we were only in this area for a week. Just wanted them to feel comfortable with us! So I baked a fruit cake for them! Would you mind following me to pass it to them?"

Cool...New neighbors, can make new friends in the neighborhood yay! So far, ever since I moved her last week, I made friends with this girl called Gabriella Stoner.

She's a pretty brunette with straight hair and brown eyes like mine. Gabriella was pretty nice towards me and especially her family to mine. However, she attended another school that's only a few kilometers away from mine.

We're pretty close ever since we met after I moved in and hanged out during the weekends to watch movies at the nearby mall and did crazy things together like trying out old fashioned clothes, comparing each other of how we looked like in an old grandma's clothing. It was damn hilarious. I thank god for knowing her.

I'm pretty excited to meet the new neighbors staying next to me.
"Alright Mum! Only after I finish eating!" I told her, gobbling everything down.

After I was done eating and changing out of my uniform into my comfy shirt and shorts, my mum got me to hold the baking tray and we walked out of the house together. My mum pressed the door bell which made the sound of a bicycle's ding. The door opened and a beautiful woman with black hair and green eyes stared at us, as though wondering why we were here.

My mum took the first initiative to greet her before I did. "Hello! You must be the new neighbor right? I'm Esther Jenners and this is my daughter Kylie. Just wanted to welcome you to this neighborhood, and so I baked your family a cake!" She said politely while pointing the cake on my hand to the lady.

"Oh man! That's so thoughtful of you! I thought that you guys were some sales person... I didn't see the cake though!" The woman said awkwardly while scratching her head. But then, she started to smile, showing off her bright white teeth and introduced herself as Tiana Finnicks. What a nice name.

Tiana invited us to her house, and told me to leave the cake at the kitchen counter before joining my mum at the couch.

"Wow! Esther, your daughter is really pretty. I wished I could have a daughter...But I seemed to be stuck with boys instead." Tiana said while bringing us some fruit juice.

Blushing, I nodded my head as a signal that I heard her, while my mum laughed softly with one arm draped on my shoulder. "Seems that someone finds you pretty eh?" She whispered cheekily into my ear. "MUM..." I hissed back.

"Dear me! I totally forgotten to introduce my children to you! Stuart! Dylan! Please come down! We have guests who are our new neighbors!" Shouted Tiana as she walked towards the stairway.

Stuart? Stuart?? That name sparked something in my mind...Oh shit...It's that guy whom I met today?! Why's this happening to me?

Suddenly there were sounds of giant footsteps pounding on the stairs and at the corner popped out a small head, which I'm guessing was probably Dylan. Then, another figure walked down and to my horror, it was Stuart.
Stuart Finnicks.

No way...