Chapter 7: In Love

-Kylie's POV-

Thoughts were running through my mind, but I brushed them off, constantly telling myself that I was supposed to focus on the next lesson.

Physics... My most hatred topic of all.

I went to the teacher's table to enquire where I was sitting, only to be surprised that I'm posted to the corner of the class, next to the window that was facing the school's garden.

" Wow. What a coincidence that I'm your sitting partner." A voice rang out next to me. I turned around and to my horror, it was Stuart.

I wanted to shout " you again?!" But I held it all back and gave him a smile and replied, "Hey Stuart!" As he took his seat, he asked me whether I was good in physics and I replied with a no.
He gave me a sly grin and chuckled, "Its okay! Me neither... Let's be the dying duo for this whole semester then! I look forward to your partnership." He playfully said while giving me a wink that I could actually just melt on the spot.

Damn. I was smiling like a fool. Stuart grinned widely and told me that I looked very cute when I smile and I immediately blushed, which caused him to let out a laugh that totally sounded adorable because it was lively and young. Oh and he does have a baby face.

"Omg. Look at the corner."
"Ewww...Why is Stuart posted to sit with that girl?"
"Yuck man. She really needs to sort out her priorities."

I soon realized that Stuart and I were getting stared at. I nervously gritted my teeth and clenched my fist underneath the table. "Seriously man. These girls should really learn how to take a chill pill. Blame the teacher lah, why me?" I thought to myself angrily.

Something grabbed my hand and tightened its grip on me. And I knew that was Stuart since there was obviously no one else next to me.

"It's okay, Kylie. You got me! They won't bully you." He whispered in my ear, so close that I could feel his hot breath on my neck. It was nerve wrecking. But I really enjoyed his soft touch on me, making me feel protected.

"Thanks." I whispered back to him.

Stuart gave me a wide smile and laughed nervously while staring at my hand. "Do you want me to hold your hand throughout this period?"

I looked at the teacher, Mr Gilbert who still had not noticed me and Stuart whispering at the back of class still continuing writing physics formulas that were for the class to listen.

I suddenly had this feeling that physics wasn't important to me anymore and thus, nodded my head to Stuart, allowing him to continue holding my hand.

Normally I wouldn't let people randomly hold my hand for no reason but in this case, this made me feel assured that there's at least someone whom I just met and cared for me.

Now, this was a good reason.

All those intimidating stares didn't bother me anymore.

And this made me clearly in love with Stuart.
*********************************