Chapter 5: Why Me...?

-Kylie's POV-

As Stuart dragged me to the General Office, I realized he did it to get himself out of the crowd and also to ask the administrative staff about where the Chemistry class was for he apologized sincerely about his actions which I immediately forgave him for he was super charming. Damn it how weird I am. -sticks tongue out-

As I waited for him at the General Office, I stared at the part where he grabbed my hand and started blushing.

"Uh Kylie! We can head for our classroom already! I know where is it." Stuart's voice suddenly rang in my ears.

"Ok."

As I walked down the corridors with Stuart, I felt so awkward and thought about what kind of conversation I should kick out to him. Maybe like " Hey...can tell me how you get such looks?" Nah too awkward and weird like duh.

"So... Where did you come from? As in you moved from where to California?"

I was utterly surprised by his sudden question but I didn't want to say too much also since he's also new to this school.

"Long story." I replied with a mono tone.

Stuart laughed hard and told me it's alright and that he could catch up. So I told him that I would explain another day.

As we walked into the classroom together, all eyes were casted upon us and I heard some girls whispering while glaring at me. Uh oh, I thought to myself.

"Ahh...Are you two the new students in Gregglin High? Pleased to meet you. You can call me Ms Hillberry!" Chirped our new chemistry teacher who was actually quite pretty in my own opinion. And was it me or my own imagination but I guessed I saw her looking at Stuart too. Wow Stuart. You have really gotten all the girls. Including a teacher.

Ms Hillberry showed us to our seats but thankfully, we were not sitting together. I got posted to seat with a guy named Jason Reginald, who looked nerdy with his glasses but he's a nice guy.

Stuart went to the corner of the classroom and his assigned partner to sit with him was another pretty and girl named Hazel Henley. And I could tell she was head over heels for Stuart, due to her constant squeals that kinda irritated me.

I managed to strike up a conversation with him about chemistry equations and how to balance them. I'm like thinking thank goodness he was my sitting partner for chemistry wasn't one of my best subjects for I'm more of the language and mathematics type.

Soon, the bell stroked at 10AM, which also means lunch time! Yay! I remembered about having lunch with Vanessa and her friends and that made me felt excited. Plus, I couldn't wait to taste the canteen's food!

At the corner of my eye, I still see a bunch of girls surrounding Stuart yet again with his bored facial expression. However, this time he actually answered to some of their pick up lines. But, meh, I couldn't be bothered so I left the classroom

When I went to my locker to place my chemistry books and take out the books for the next period, a few girls who I recognized from Stella's clique came up to me. They started pushing me, scolding me with vulgarities and telling me that I didn't deserve to be with Stuart at all since I'm such a newbie.

But, thank heavens that Vanessa and her friends appeared at the right time, and they told the girls off for me and guided me to their usual spot in the canteen. For the whole time, I was feeling really embarrassed that a group of well known girls was protecting a noob high schooler who had no idea how to protect herself from bullies since this was my first time encountering it.

" Why me...?" I mumbled softly to myself.
*********************************