Chapter 4: The Night Before Freedom

The moon was bright and the air was warm on this spring night. My window was open, the breeze of clean air filled my bedroom. I was looking at the green farm fields of my hometown, Postwick (located in the Galar region.) My excitement was overflowing, as I knew tomorrow, I could finally explore the world to my hearts content.

Tomorrow was the 30th day of the 89th month in the Pokémon world. (The equivalent of May 30th and 7 full Earth Years.) In this slow paced world, that was my birthday. Not only that, this year marked 10 years of reincarnation! This was the age kids can be considered "responsible teens who can now take care of Pokémon and will be held accountable if something goes wrong."

"I can't wait for Leon to bring home my starter..." I said out loud in a dreamy-like tone. I must of been a tad louder then I realized, because I heard someone knock on my bedroom door.

"Yuki, I know you're excited and all, but maybe you should sleep...?" A boy yawned from the other end. "It's almost midnight, mate."

Looking at my small electronic clock on my nightstand, my best friend and person I happen to be living under the same roof named Hop, made a good point.

"You're right." I smiled, although he couldn't see it. "I'm going to head to sleep now."

"Night, Yuki." With another giant yawn, Hop walked back to his room.

Sometimes I forget I should be the more mature one... Facepalming myself with that thought, I went under my sheets. "I wonder what Ash got me for my birthday..."

After whispering that to myself, I slowly drifted to sleep.

_____

2AM at Wyndon International Airport

A raven haired boy was getting up from his seat on the plane. His Pikachu was half asleep, and was woken up by the trainers actions. "Hey buddy. I know you wanna sleep, but let's get on our train first."

The yellow mouse Pokémon nodded his head and hopped on the boys hat. As he stepped off the plane, his smile grew wide. "We're finally in Galar, Pikachu."

"Pikachu~" Excited, yet tired, Pikachu responded with a yawn at the same time.

"You can do it, buddy. Not much longer." The trainer, finally inside the airport itself, was now looking for someone. That someone was the current champion of Galar, Leon. He hasn't actually met him firsthand, but the raven haired boy knows his younger cousin is living under the champions roof.

It took a couple minutes of wondering around, but his name was called by another. "There you are, Ash Ketchum!"

Turning his head towards the voice, Ash saw a tall, dark skinned guy with a royal-looking cape filled with logos of sponsors. Next to him was his famous Charzard.

Walking up to the champion, Ash held out his hand to shake the other. "It's finally nice to meet you, Leon."

Leon grabbed the hand, accepting the shake. Pikachu and Charzard shook hands as well.

"I know it's late. Let's go catch the train." Leon suggested.

Pikachu yawned yet again, which resulted in the raven haired boy finally feeling the same. "Yeah... let's do that."

The two walked out Wyndon International Airport and caught the overnight train to Wedgehurst.