Chapter 9

**4 months**

Usher and I hadn't spoken and Chris and I have been hanging out a lot. I had invited him back to my home, so I guess you can say we're a couple. It's hard because a lot of boys hit on me, which they've always hit on me it's just then I was too insecure. Also Jonathan and I have been talking.

And oh my gosh did I tell you I lost a wopping 84 pounds. I was slimmer. I was just as cute as I was before.

"So you leaving?" Jonathan asked.

"Yep."

"Why are you leaving so early?"

He clinger onto my shirt and raised one of my legs around him. He kissed me and rubbed my thigh.

"I should be going, Chris will be worried."

"Ok promise me you'll come back tomorrow? "

"Promise." I replied kissing him.

***

I walked into the house sitting my purse down on he kitchen counter and going upstairs I walked into the hallway to see rose petals on the ground and a sweet aroma coming from the bathroom. I followed the smell and saw Chris kissing a woman who was sitting in the tub.

My breath got heavy and I gasped. As Chris turned around, I ran off.

"Baby wait! I'm sorry!"

"Get out Chris!"

"Baby I'm not leaving without you." he said.

"Well I'm leaving without you!" I said trembling.

I snatched my purse of the kitchen counter and went to the door. "Baby come on, where you going?"

"Over Jonathan's house. Apparently he knows how to treat me better!"

"Wait what?"

"You heard me!" In that moment I knew I was wrong.

I stormed out of the house to my car and swerved off to Jonathan's house. I knocked on the door and he opened it. "What brings you back by?"

I pushed past him. "For real what's up Kota?"

"I don't wanna talk out it." I replied sitting on the couch.

"Hey is this our yearbook from our senior year?" I said.

He nodded his head and opened it. He flipped to a page and pointed and I saw a picture of me with a drawn faded red heart around my black and white picture. I blushed a bit.

"So you really did have a crush on me." I remarked.

"What you think I said that to make you feel better? I know this may sound childish but I did and still do have a crush on you. A woman a strong as you. Loosing all of the weight and not giving up shows me you won't give up on me through sickness and health. And I would never give up on you." He leaned closer to my face and kissed my lips.

"I loved you when you were thick and I love you still when your slim. You losing weight didn't change how I felt about you. And it never will, because you're still the beautiful girl who we saw struggle but continued to have a heart of gold." He said pecking my lips.

About 30 minutes later I got ready to go "Promise me you'll text me tonight." He said holding his pinky out.

"I promise." I replied wrapping my pinky around his. He pulled me close and kissed me.

I spun around and went to my car. I drove to Subway to get a salad and sat down to eat. Then I saw Usher walk in the from door with security and I swallowed my food distracted and it went down the wrong pipe causing me to nearly choke and I coughed.

After he got his food I guess I caught his attention.

Please don't remember me please don't recognize me. I said to myself over and over.

"Don't I know you?"

"I don't think so" I replied.

"How about I get your number"

"I don't think so"

He stood up about to walk off. "Looking good Dakota, you look absolutely astounding."

I chuckled at his comment. "Yea, yea. Bye Usher."
After my lunch I went outside to see Usher leaning on my car swinging his key chain around his index finger. "Let's go for a ride since we haven't talked for so long."

I walked to my car door and unlocked it. "Come on." He said picking me up, putting me over his shoulders.

"Let me down." I said kicking and laughing. He let me down I leaned against his car.

"I'm not going. Chris is at home waiting on me."

"According to Chris Instagram posts he's having quite a time with I quote hoes."

"Would you just leave me alone?"

"If you come with me."

I clicked my car keys to lock it and opened Usher's door and go in. When he got in he asked "Now was that so hard?"

I rolled my eyes and texted on my phone.

We pulled up a slop looking down over the city. "This is corny, and it to late for this. Now can you take me home?"

He turned up his song "Lemme See" making my roll my eyes and smile.

I got out of the car and I jumped due to the music blasting louder. "Where you going?"

"I'm walking home!" I said stepping around rocks with my heels. Fuck it I give up, I thought to myself walking back to the car and sitting on the hood. Usher crossed the hood with no shirt on.

"Thought you were walking?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and stared at his abs. "Like what you see?"
I snapped out of it.

"Do you like what you see?" I asked biting my bottom lip.

"You damn right." He said picking me up by my butt and kissing me.

He laid me on the car and kissed me. My hands ran down his hard muscular back which was hidden by his army green shirt he wore.

"You still want me." I said pushing him off of me as I laughed.

"You still want me." He said back.

"Who said I ever wanted you?"

I got up and got in the car as he sat on the hood. Then all the sudden it began to pour down rain. I locked the doors as he reached for the handle.

"Come on Dakota!" He shouted.

"Promise to take me straight home!"

"Promise! Now just let me in."

I unlocked it and crossed my arms over my chest.

****

"Just stop at the edge, Chris is probably here." I explained.

Usher sighed and replied "He's not here. He's at a party. It's all on Instagram."

I rolled my eyes and let out a loud sigh as he pulled into my driveway. "What about my car!?"

"My guard Nate will bring it tonight."

I was about to step my foot out when I felt a grip on my wrist. "Have a good night, and sweet dreams. No matter how long I have to, I'll wait. That's how important you are to me."

My skin shivered as I soaked his words in. Why did I want him so badly? Why do I feel that every since we stopped talking something has been missing?