Chapter 11

Last night I stayed at a hotel because I was stupid and decided to stay in LA with Chris and leave my place behind in Atlanta. I went and got my things and put them in my car.

"Hey baby where you going?" Chris said after seeing me with my things in my hand. Head ran downstairs after me and I went out the front door and out my things in the trunk.

When I went back in the house he asked again.

"I'm leaving. As in going back home to Atlanta. You think I'm going to stay here after your sorry ass was with all those women but me?"

"Baby come on. It wasn't even like that."

"What was it like then?" I yelled.

He just stood there lost for words. "I'll be back later to get some more of my things. And call me when you've gotten your shit together." I said leaving out.

I just sat in the car and sobbed... I wouldn't have a home for about a week or maybe two because you can't just go and buy a house that fast because it doesn't work that way.

To blow time I decided to call someone I owed an apology to.

ME: Usher?

USHER: What's up Dakota?

ME: I need to talk to you.

USHER: To blow me off again? No thanks.

ME: No, look meet me at the Reservoir.

USHER: I have to perform at the Gala tonight at 8:00.

The phone just clicked. I drove to the a couple places. First to get my nails done which took about an hour. Then I went to get my hair done and then my makeup done and lastly to the store to buy a new outfit and changed I into it.

By that time it was after 8:00 so I rushed to the Gala to see Usher.

"This is a song for all the special ladies in the building tonight." Usher said.

🎶I can't win, I can't reign
I will never win this game
Without you, without you
I am lost, I am vain,
I will never be the same
Without you, without you

I am lost, I am vain,
I will never be the same
Without you, without you
Without...you🎶

I clapped and snuck backstage into his dressing room.

"Um, hey." I said creeping in the door.

"How did you get past security?" He asked.

"It's good to see you too. Usher I'm sorry." I said.

"Dakota-" I cut him off.

"Usher, listen, I know there are plenty girls out there, but I know you care about me because you took the time out to help me when I hated myself. You loved me when I didn't even love myself. And I know you still do. I know you didn't just get over me in the middle of the night."

"You're right. But if I take some time without you going back and forth from me and Chris I could."

I walked closer to him and looked into his eyes.

I leaned in and pecked his cheek. "I gotta go." I said turning around and began to walk off and just as I began to turn the knob he spoke.

"Come with me to my parents house tomorrow."

I turned around in shock and flabbergasted. I ran over to him and hugged him. "Thank you." I said.

He lifted my head by my chin and kissed me, slowly as he held my neck. Ten I felt a grip around my waist and he lift me into the air, turn around and sat me on a stool still kissing me.