Case

TW: Missing Persons Case Mentions !! (all fictional ofc but proceed with caution if this topic is triggering for you)

"How the hell do I have more paperwork than yesterday!?", grumble in protest, taking the stack of papers from Kunikida.

"Y/n-san it's only your second day! The stacks get bigger and bigger!", Kenji laughed, putting his legs up on the desk.

"Why don't you kids have any work.", you ask, flopping down and picking up your pen.

"Cause we already take stress from the cases we have to deal with! Trust me if Kunikida-san could, he'd grind us to the bone.", Kenji laughed.

"Atsushi-kun I could pass for a 15 year old right? Why don't you help me make a fake birth certificate to present to Fukuzawa-san! We'll make up some excuse on the way.", you turn to Atsushi, wiggling your eyebrows.

"If we do me as well, then I'm in!", he responds, making Kunikida glare at the both of you.

"Oh by the way did Dazai-kun wake up yet? I didn't hear anything last night.", you ask.

"Oh he's up alright, but he hasn't shown up.", Kunikida responds, taking a seat and typing away at his computer.

"Is everyone else really that busy today?", you ask.

"There's been a lot more cases. It's summer break for most people so they'll be out of town, a perfect time for house theft.", Kunikida explained.

"YOOHOO Y/N-SAN! YOUR VERY FIRST CASE!", Dazai bursts through the door, grinning as he skips over to your desk and slides a paper towards you.

"A missing person case? A minor? Is this really going to be my first case?", you ask, raising an eyebrow, looking at the details.

"Yup! Don't worry though. We just need you just for back up. The people who kidnapped this girl are already going to be in jail for let's say 10-15 years, in case they try anything you can just turn them into dust, and we can put it in as a counter.", Dazai said.

"Hm alright, but won't it be traumatizing for a, let's see, A TEN YEAR OLD GIRL TO SEE PEOPLE TURN INTO DUST IN FRONT OF HER EYES?", you snap at Dazai, "This could cause PTSD!"

"That's true, but it's either that, or we ignore the case and just go on with our lives hoping she didn't die a horrible death, alone and away from her family, and at ten years old!", you whip your head to the door to see Ranpo walking towards you and Dazai.

"That's true..", you say quietly.

"So what do ya say y/n-san?", Dazai asks.

"Alright let's go.", you mumble, getting up and walking towards the door.

"What was that y/n-san I couldn't quite hear you!", Dazai teased coming with you.

"Don't push it Dazai-kun.", you say, smiling a little.

Dazai put his arms in the air and laughed as he and Ranpo walked along side you.

a/n: well. it's certainly been a bit. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING LITERALLY THIS WHOLE WEEK AND NOW WHEN I DO IT'S A REALLY REALLY REALLY SHORT CHAPTER!! IM SORRY YALL- and here i thought i could spend my spring break writing care free todays literally the last day-😰 i was very much wrong. but uh i started a vlog channel 🤪🤪 its going to be a sorta mini vlog/some random content channel. heres the link if u wanna check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS_oM6930ujz0RnTiRO-5pA/featured

again sorry for the short chapter yall the next one will be long i promise  🙏🙏 ALSO THANK YOU SM FOR 100+ READS IT MEANS THE LITERAL WORLD TO ME TYSM!! alright ilya stay safe take care and ill see you next authors note 👋👋💕💕💕