ꗃ 01. etched of ink ˎˊ˗

ONE

ONE. ETCHED OF INK.

Overcast clouds and grey shades engulf the vast sky. You're sitting down, fidgeting with the pencil lead that broke off from the pressure of if harshly gritting against the blank, white paper.

Damn I'm bored. You thought to yourself as a matter of fact, just looking on the window that lead to the outside sceneries that you're thankful of for keeping you company. In addition to that, you're also not paying any attention to your teacher in front who's literally trying his best to get his point across in the class.

It's not that you're purposely ignoring your professor. It's just, his words sometimes get incoherent and inaudible that would make you shift your attention away from him in a brief moment. Even though you tried so hard to focus on the ongoing class, you gotta admit— watching the feathery clouds above is more engaging than forcing yourself to focus on your studies.

Pulling out a ballpoint pen from your bag, you carefully remove its cap and pondered to what you wanted to draw for today.

Of course, thinking or deciding about what to draw for today will be futile since you always find youself sticking back to the old way.

However, you've been growing dead curious of what your soulmate's reaction would be whenever they see whatever you scribble on your own skin.

In this world, as unbelievable as it can be, is favorable of so-called: Soulmates. A concept would be a way of putting it, somehow.

That aside, it is said to believe that whatever your soulmate draws on their skin, it shows up on your skin too— on the same body part you draw it on, and vice versa.

Alot of people have generic ideas such as asking questions to their soulmates by where do they live, what's their name or their interests. Basically the simple information you'd know of when you meet someone new.

But you being you, you beg to differ from the rest. Even if it's quite a ridiculous idea.

Instead of those typical ways of getting to know your soulmates, you do not write words on your arm.

But, what crossed your mind was to draw dicks.

Yes, dicks. Penis. The male reproductive organ. The pp. The schlong. The big dong. Whatever people may pertain to it as, it only draws back to square one which is, as a reiteration: that's what you draw almost everyday to find your soulmate.

Sooner, the school bell rang as students' cheering exclamations followed. Some heaved a sigh in relief, some instantly ran their mouths and some remained silent at all.

"Hey, [F/N]!" One of your friends approached you and even smacked you lightly on the back.

You couldn't reply instantly since you're zeroing on drawing something on your arm. You stick your tongue out unknowingly, carefully tracing the ink on your skin.

Getting no reply, your friend leans closer and sees your fingers draw a somewhat long, circular shape.

The steps are too familiar for his eyes.

You're doing it again.

"[F/N] for the love of God, when are you going to stop doing that?" Zeke draws back away from you, his brows knit at the unfavorable drawing, even cringing at what he saw.

You put on a shit-eating grin and answer, "Never." Feeling proud and confident, you throw your arm in the air, showcasing it to your friend.

Your sketch of a penis

He simply scoffs and shoves away your arm from his face. "At this point, I just feel bad for your soulmate."