ꗃ 14. afterthoughts ˎˊ˗

FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN. AFTERTHOUGHTS.

Two weeks . . Two weeks . . You chant in your head in before you let yourself drift into a deep, comforting slumber.

━━

As the days passed by, Scaramouche began to spend more time with you whenever there were classroom breaks. He'll always come to you with your comfort food in hand, giving those to you straight away with no signs of hesitation. Naturally, you were taken aback from the male's sudden 'sweetness' if that's how you'd call it, but you've also come to appreciate these little gestures he does for you and your heart's content.

He'd sit beside you and ask how did your classes go, all the while his hand is propped on the table while brazenly staring into your eyes with no shame at all. Charm and glacial thunders dance in his lazulline irises as you get lost in them, but you were then cut off with your friend group and Kae slamming a hand on the table top. "Look at these love birds, getting lost in each other's gazes."

"I'd do the same for President too you know?" Danna makes a snarky remark with squinted, sly eyes but then chuckles right after. Zeke on the other hand shakes his head in disappointment and heaves a sloth sigh, "Can't you guys just be happy for them?"

An apologetic smile plays on his lush lips, blond locks ripple with the the cool air sitting heavily in the school's cafeteria. "I'm happy you finally met your soulmate [F/N], especially with your eccentric ways on trying to find who was it." Zeke finishes his sentence.

The navy haired scoffs, "Indeed. Eccentric ways." Repeating the last two words, a tauntful tone seethes through his teeth which made you roll your eyes skywards.

"Anyways, we have to get going, [F/N]." Scaramouche rises from his seat and places his hand on your shoulder. You immediately look back at him and answer with knitted eyebrows, "Where to?"

He whips his cellphone out from his slacks' pocket, "Classes are about to resume. Let me accompany you to your respective room."

You feel your heart crash into a cesspool of overwhelming emotions, whirling together forming a huge thunderstorm at that. It's not that big of a deal, yet why are you feeling like this for someone like him? If anything, it was the bare minimum.

Quietly sitting there with lips pressed into a thin line trying to let his words sink in, "Don't tell me you want to cut classes?" The male asks as he notices your lumbering pace from how your perturbed mine register his words.

A surprising thought crosses your mind, and before you knew it, a spiteful remark slips out from your lips in a nanosecond. "Are you gonna teach me a lesson if I did?" Scaramouche's eyes widen in surprise and your three friends halt into whatever they were doing across from you. You only realized just now how provocating your words were but . . . you were always like that.

The Vice President folds his arms across his chest and squints his eyes at you, "Yeah, I'm gonna punish you if you ever did that."

Your heart thrums louder and faster, you were glued to your place and didn't budge any movement upon hearing those words. You avert your gaze away from the male to relieve the tension building up between the two of you.

"Um. Excuse me, is this allowed?" Kae asks, a mused expression sculpted on her face.

"It is allowed when I say so." You screw your eyes shut, finding Scaramouche's words unbelievable. Danna and Zeke only blinks in repetition from his response but before you knew it, a hand entwines to yours and drags you out of the cafeteria.

The three watch you disappear from their line of sight as you two got farther away, "Lucky [F/N]." Danna says.

━━

Apart from him appearing like the typical cold-hearted, strict to many and flirty, caring to one, you were able to find yourself drawn to the male as ever realizing he's consistent in what he does.

You never expected him to be a fulfilling partner judging from your past experiences with him. Plus, taking into account that you used to draw penises on your arm, that happen to appear on his as well. You anticipated your relationship with him to be a rocky road full of obstacles and bumps due to contrasting interests but alas, here you are, hands laced with his soft ones.

Pretty sure that goes against the school's rules of strictly no public display of affection. Oh how ironic.

But as you get to spend more moments with him, you've concluded there is so much more than what he has to offer in the surface.

━━

Two days left before the Ball is held, you come to an agreement with Scaramouche that he'll come over to your home and spend the rest of the day with you just because he wanted to. You appreciated the honesty, but it felt surreal for him to be like this towards you.

However a doubt lingers in your mind if that's really all there is to it. If so, it probably doesn't concern you so you chose to not press into the subject any longer.

His head rests on the bed of your thighs, cobalt blue strands sticking out in some direction as light snores escape from Scaramouche's lips.

"You're actually such a capable man." You mumble, voice lower than your usual tone. The howling breeze outside the windows blow, a small smile creep up on your lips.

"Really?" The male responses much to your shock as your hands waver in the air and immediately avoid his gaze, "Uh— Yeah. I thought you were sleeping."

The male shifts his position on your lap, now looking at you from below. "The Ball is nearing. I can't help but look forward to that night to see you in such clothing. It'll be a memorable one."