ꗃ 15. heartstrings ˎˊ˗

FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN. HEARTSTRINGS.

Scaramouche's fair complexion glistens under the royal yellow chandeliers in the hotel's high ceilings. If anything, the whole place looks grandeur— but not to the point that it beats Scaramouche's palace. However, it had distinctive designs such as lace and fabric hung up on walls in intervals, tall flower vases standing before the wide stage, and the crowds bustling with whispers and murmurs from their amusement of how the school was able to fund something so expensive as this.

He leads you to a certain table whereas it has two unoccupied seats, and you both decided to pass the time there as the Ball hasn't started yet. You had no clue what was about to happen next, so you were left with no choice other than to steal glances from the navy haired beside you. He gazes down and looks at his Rolex watch, seemingly fixing something that made him grit his teeth a tad bit.

Old habits die hard it appears.

Carrying on staring at the male, the warm yellow tones cascade over his fair features, the latter's lazulline eyes examine the parts of his watch carefully. Seeing him determined at a puny thing, impatience seething through his teeth felt ... something else.

Is this his charm? To draw people into him with a furious face and thundering eyes?

You were abruptly cut off from your dawdling when you notice him no longer looking at his watch, but at you instead. His lush lips press into a thin line, a little unamused how you're being so obvious you're charmed by his looks.

"Might as well take a picture of me at this point." He sneers and lets out a sarcastic scoff right after. You click your tongue and roll your eyes skyward at his ever so stingy attitude, but it wouldn't be Scaramouche if he was oh-so-kind and oh-so-caring would he?

As a momentary silence engulfs the vast hotel, fortunately, the crowds settle down from the incoherent mumbles here and there. You were able to hear sound of the music playing in the background. It was soothing to the ears, sounding like nothing but serenity and voices of angels.

Opposedly to your thrumming heart, you feel your hand tightened by the other hand laced with yours, an intoxicating peachy fragrance wafts into your nostrils, supposedly coming from your partner for tonight, putting you more in a tranced state.

He wore a custom-tailored dark coral blue three piece suit, graced by several petals of glaze lilies adorning his vest. From his top, there was a silk satin handkerchief nestled in the pocket, a dangling sterling silver chain reaching from his pocket to his suit's collar.

To top it all off, his suit was paired with a traditional ebony black necktie and slacks of the same blue color.

The male looked indeed amazing, breath taking at best. His natural navy bangs were swept to the side, exposing his forehead just a little. (Refer to the picture above)

His eyes dart to the stage before the students, and you were already there practically frothing at his fashion sense and looks to pull it all off.

"Good evening, everyone." The popular professor of the school, Zhongli catches the attention of the many students. "As we all know, the ball was held sooner than later which I assume alot of students celebrated about. If anyone was wondering, this is a little thank you gift from the head of Teyvat Uni, hence why we made it to the best of our ability to be enjoying and grandeur for all of you. Not only that, but Venti and Raiden are here to celebrate the ball with us! Let us greet them a warm welcome."

The students cheer and gave them a round of applause as they made their way to the stage, each one having their own color scheme. "With that being said, everyone, may we have fun." Zhongli bows down and exits from the stage, followed by the two tops of Teyvat Uni.

And so the lights started to fade out slowly, making the spacious place dim a little. Dozens of students suddenly arise from their seat and get in pairs, their hands finding themselves with their partner as they waltz with the grandiose tunes.

"No formalities at all?" You question, not budging any movement as you watched the students surround you, dancing along the harmonious music.

"Shall we join in the fun then?" Much to your surprise, the navy haired who was from your right earlier now faces you, his hand reaching out, eager for your acceptance. You can't help but crack a small smile and take his hand, letting him lead you to a dance in the middle of the hall. 

He guides your hands and places them on his broad, firm shoulders, while his hands glide on your waist, feeling a little funny from his slightest touch on your body. Scaramouche brazenly stares into your soul and you can't help but feel intimidated, resulting to you averting your gaze to somewhere else.

You feel his dominant hand leave your waist only to redirect your sight to him with his fingers on your chin. You attempt to not break the domineering gaze of his, not until he parts his lips open saying -

"You only need to look at me."

The male's voice was airy yet smooth, it soothes the rough edges and corners of your soul.

Heaving a deep breath after you hear his words, he only chuckles in confidence in return. "Hahaha! Did that drive you crazy or what? Your moves are getting sluggish." Struggling to keep up with his demeanor, you notice your rhythm in waltzing no longer in sync with the music playing.

"Here. Follow my lead." You look down at the marble glossed floors and try to replicate his steps. With little time, your waltz is on beat again, him earning a fascinated look from yours. "You're surprisingly good at this." You speak, and Scaramouche cocks an eyebrow at you.

"Hm? This is only natural, I've done many waltzes in my entire life."

"Must suck being born into a rich ass family eh?"

"Not really. Having enough wealth to build my future with you is a privilege that shouldn't be wasted." His eyes soften as the gentle words slip from his lips, making you gasp internally.

This doesn't feel like Scaramouche. You thought as you continued to spend the time with him, doing waltzes along with the rhythm.

"Ah— I forgot to ask you." He says out of the blue and you hum in response, signalling for him to continue.

"Would you like to spend the rest of the night with me?"

A/N:  the old chapters are going to be edited so i apologizein adv for the notifs ! + prepare for the next 2 chapters (:

A/N: the old
chapters are going to be
edited so i apologize
in adv for the notifs !
+ prepare for the
next 2 chapters (: