ꗃ 11. acceptance ˎˊ˗

ELEVEN

ELEVEN. ACCEPTANCE.

Glossing over the ridiculous assumption Tartaglia came up with, you come to a temporary truce with Scaramouche from the bickering and trivial arguments for now.

If it really is indeed true and the events that unraveled were no lie - you still couldn't wrap your head around the fact that Scaramouche is indeed your soulmate. How would someone as feisty and foul-mouthed as him get along with someone like you? Hell, you can't even envision yourselves together spending a date together in the malls or parks.

You heave a sigh as you stride over the blank sidewalks on the way to your home but suddenly, you felt a singular bead of water drop on your skin. At the first time, you shrugged it off thinking a bird must've taken its piss while flying.

But wouldn't that be dirty and unhygienic?

Wiping the droplet of unknown liquid on your skin, the grey sky soon roared with sharp yellow thunders, pelting rain soon started to fall down upon your figure. You immediately ran away from the pavement and scanned the surroundings for you to take shelter in, and you felt relief wash over you as you laid your eyes on a small convenience store with its roofs extended outwards, having enough place to seek refuge from the thunderstorm for a while.

Watching on the scenery as limousines and all other big brands of cars tackle the streets, the assailing rain didn't come to a halt. Worse, it started to become heavier than before as you can hear the loud rustling of trees in the background. The dimly lit sky soon made an appearance, overcast beds of clouds reigning upon the welkin.

Sighing once again, you wonder how long would it take for the heavy rainstorm to stop, you longed for nothing but rest especially for a heavy day today, encountering lots of epiphanies you were obvious unprepared for.

You're still not over the fact that the Vice President is your soulmate and apparently - it goes deeper than that.

Screwing your eyes shut and tapping your feet against the ragged curb of the street like a maniac due to the impatience gnawing at you bit by bit, a loud surprising honk of a vehicle startled you all of a sudden. You jolt and peel your eyes open, to see a shining rover blue car parked in front of you, its linings were a clear silver crystalline in color, reflecting back at the dim light from the sky and the distorted vision of you.

You gawk upon the expensive car, confused as to how would something as absurd as this would happen. Did your prince charming stop by to pick you up, by any means?

The windows slowly roll downwards while you eagerly waited who it might be who had come to save you for today. You squinted your eyes in an attempt for a keen, clear look at the person.

Judging from the navy blue strands peeking out and sharp blue thunderous irises piercing a gaze through your soul, only one thing pops up in your mind. "Him again." You were at a loss for words as you felt heavily contradicted - should you rejoice for this is a time to be spent to get to know more about your soulmate, or feel hopeless instead since it's the nth time you've come across with him and the kismet doesn't even bother to give you a break.

Well, you're always grateful for the help anyone has to offer, so the corners of your lips lift into upward curves, "Ah! My soulmate!"

Scaramouche frowns and cringes even at the endearment you called out to him. But nonetheless, he points inside the car, "Come inside or you'll get wet."