ꗃ 07. denouement ˎˊ˗

SEVEN

SEVEN. DENOUEMENT.

The sound of the school bell blares all throughout the school in which most of the students cheered with victorious yells of excitement.

"Oh Scaramouche-san, wait for me!" A girl croons from a distance as others do the same but with different names chirping for; such as Signora's, Dottore's, Tartaglia's, and so many more.

Your eyes twitch at her words, finding it a bit cringey as to how much she's frantically a simp— a proud president of the VP's fanclub. What's so enthralling about him anyways? He's short and he's— he's short, he's very short! You yell mentally at yourself, feeling furious.

What's with the sudden change of heart, you ask? It's no other than you suddenly remembering his words as he returned you the letter of apology you wrote.

"A decent apology letter for such chaotic behavior, I must applaud you for that. But your Good Manners and Right Conduct subject will still flunk down, nonetheless."

He says with a sly smirk carved on his lips, "Goodluck in your summer class."

There you stood dumbfounded, the soul inside you leaving in pain and agony. Before you could talk back and scream loud profanities at the Vice President, the three of your friends had you guarded, Zeke covering your mouth as Kae and Danna restrained your vengeful arms.

"That fucker!" You cuss out, not caring at how much attention you gained from your words.

The flashback fades out, and you lazily stand up from your seat, approaching Zeke with furrowed brows. "Danna asked us to come with her and Kae, you up for it?"

"Is it to watch the Student Council's dance practice?"

He nods, and you walk away from his table without any hesitation.

"[F-F/N], wait!" The blond arises from his seat and grabs a hold of your wrist to stop you from taking any step further.

You click your tongue in annoyance, he knows very well what Scaramouche did to you.

Then why would he persuade you to go with your friends to watch on the Student Council's dance practice?

Zeke takes a deep breath, eyes screwed shut. Perhaps the feeling of his hand wrapped all over your wrist makes him happy. . . He feels the need to spend every moment with you in every chance that he gets. Or else, he might regret something in the near future.

So here he is, taking one big step ahead from his usual pining on you in these three months— "I'll buy you your favorite food in return."

You cock an eyebrow, "Zeke, are you an airhead or something!? You won't have me sold over something that I can simply buy myse—"

"As much as you'd like."

.

.

.

"Just this once."

And a deal was then marked between you and Zeke, who had you completely wrapped in the agreement you two made.

˗ˋ ˊ˗

"Scaramouche-san!~" The simp (a nickname you thought of for her), from your class exclaimed in admiration as to how a bird warbles every early in the morning. You roll your eyes skywards as you saw him beam a captivating smile at her in response.

He's fake, on archon.

Your eyes keep darted on the two figures conversing with each other, the girl uttering so many words while the other exchange very few, little in return.

Even though the conversation seemed one-sided, you immediately picked up on how the girl was getting . . . slightly touchy.

From your keen eyes, you saw Scaramouche's brittle facade slowly break down, his smile turning upside down.

However, the girl blinded from her idolatry didn't stop. "I think we should go on a Karaoke date after this, we'd make such a great pair for singing!" She insists, tugging on the cerulean head's long sleeve.

"Shit!" He swore under his breath, the buttons of her sleeve slowly break free. "H-Hey, stop!"

The warning came a little too late, as his scribbled, exposed forearm skin welcome the people's vision, all of you widening your eyes at the realization.

A short moment of silence deluged the vast, occupied gymnasium, the people watching on their practice had the same thoughts in their mind, at the same time.

Some came across that thought in bewilderment, while five— Dottore, You, Zeke, Kae and Danna witness such a horrific moment in understanding.

The. . . Drawing !