ꗃ 09. show off ˎˊ˗

NINE. SHOW OFF.

The navy haired's grip on your wrist still tightened and secure, you were left with no choice but to let him drag you to archon-knows-where, seeing this as an opportunity to talk about the ineffable epiphany that unraveled in the gymnasium. A scornful frown playing on your lips, you were caught off guard when suddenly a chilly glacial temperature encompassed your figures.

Surrounded by the unadorned white walls and several desk tables in their respective, designated places, the room was far too familiar for your oblivious self.

He took you to the Student's Council Office.

Scaramouche's steps halt for a moment and turns on his heel, eyes darting on you the second he came face to face with you. Eyes a-dazzle of thunder and wonder, capable of restraining a thousand of storms in them, you gulp the lump in your throat. The light air surrounding you earlier became heavy to handle, almost as if the thick atmosphere was dragging your body.

Trying to ease the tension that has long been building up, you frantically scan your surroundings only to realize no one kept you company other than the non-living things inhabiting the small secluded office.

His hand still not letting go of yours, you purse your lips as your heart thrums a thousand faster and louder, pulsating each nanosecond that ticks by.

"Don't you dare do something unholy to me." You manage to utter with brittle, feigned tenacity and immediately freed yourself from his grasp, rubbing your wrist etched of markings from how long he's been gripping on the body part.

The male puts up a sly smirk instead, "Says the one who draws dicks for a living."

Unable to retort from the valid point he made, you curled your fists and part your lips open. "In my defense, it was a way to find out who my soulmate was! And see? It was you all along!" You profoundly bicker, but he puts a single finger on your lips in exchange, silencing you in an instant.

"I want to try if this popular theory is right." As if he didn't cut through your words with a single move, he states, still locking a bold glance at you with thundery sharp eyes.

You let out a low 'huh' at his words, disbelief and amusement whirling inside you from how he shakes your words off so easily. Nevertheless, why would you want to hear him ramble about trivial, idiotic things such as 'theories'?

Much to your surprise, Scaramouche leans into your face closer, the proximity between the two of your bodies closing nearly as thin as a hair apart. Your breathing becomes unsteady, wispy and hitched at how he was closing in your personal space. Chest pounding harder and louder, you ought to push him away with arms against the plane of his chest, but to no avail, you were at a loss of force and energy that you were unable to do just that.

He watches on your futile attempt to shove him off of you, the shit eating grin still plastered on his face. You really can't budge a movement when he's near you, and that was his charisma and effect to people near him.

"As I was saying... They say that when you kiss your soulmate, a knot feeling forms in your chest and that will clear any suspicions you have on the person."

He still continued to blabber as you could feel the waft of his hot breath dust across your cheeks.

Eyeing you demurely, the male tilts his head to the side and closes his eyes shut, closing in on the distance between his and your lips. There was the deafening silence, again.

You watched on his intimate actions one by one and forcibly screw your eyes shut.

Seeing nothing but the blinding void of never ending darkness, it almost felt like the world was moving in bullet time, able to feel anything in your presence critically at the moment.

Goosebumps rode on your skin, your heart pounding out of your chest with each second, and how much you practically were at a loss with words at everything.

Mentally counting, One... Two... Three...

But you didn't feel any pair of sultry lips land on yours.

You immediately peel your eyes open to see the male withdrawn from you, now standing inches apart from your figure with a victorious, smug smirk sculpted on his lips. His eyebrows beetled, and you drilled him with a gaze so piercing and deadly as ever before.

"What? Did you really think I'll do that?" A burst of laughter bubbles in his throat as he clutches on his stomach, his vast ocean blues shifting into two crescent moons from what happened.

"Oh, [F/N]! You're so willingly easy when it comes to me." He coos.

"From what I've observed from a distance, you're a fierce one. But you submitting to me in a baseless statement like that? No doubt, you're reaaally into me." Scaramouche continues to rattle, words spilling out of his lips slowly deluged your raging self.

He later then sits atop a desk table, hands propped up on either sides of him for support. He carefully watched you with observant eyes, the triumphant sneer across his face never ceasing.

But you chose not to be provoked by the rascal, as you walked apace towards him, balled fists loosening as you were directly facing the male.

The coy smile tugging on his lips suddenly vanish, confused as to how you're not even bothered from his trick from earlier. He cocks a brow and you did not hesitate to inch forward to his face,

"This is how you do it."