5

Beyoncé, on the other hand, was constantly busy. She sat scribbling in her notepad with one leg crossed over the other. A plane didn't make the best place for planning but she tried anyway. Taking a sip from her flute glass, she attempted to focus her thoughts.

She was struggling to do her job and she didn't know if it was her or the client. The client didn't know what she wanted which made her job even harder, but usually she was better at guiding and talking to her clients. As an interior designer, she needed to know her clients interests so she could design for them. Everyone wanted a personal touch which meant Beyoncé needed to know their personalities. She usually did this by talking. She'd meet them somewhere - at work or during their lunch break when they had a free moment. She'd use the scene to her advantage and coax them into revealing their dream home through a simple conversation. But Taraji was either avoiding her or she really was as busy as they come.

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. She wore a pantsuit with block heels and nibbled the pen between her teeth. The plane had started to move and she was waiting for her moment. She always watched the ascent with her eyes wide open focused on the way the city disappeared into the clouds. The bumps of clouds would become an abstract landscape as the awakening light of the sun faded into the sky. The clouds folded into themselves beneath the winged aircraft and she gingerly raised her glass again letting the bubbles meet her lips.

Her ears began to feel uncomfortable as she glanced at her notepad. Turning a page she started to make a thought bubble. This was something she rarely had to do - usually the ideas just flowed. Taking pen to paper, she started to write; it started off basic - name, age, occupation. She pulled from her memory all of the facts about the client. She wrote down what she knew trying to pull anything interesting from their limited conversations. "Busy" she underlined twice. How could she design a home for someone too busy to talk? She hoped this flight to meet in person would help with her ideas, but she had a feeling the problem was coming from her and not the client.

Throwing some gum into her mouth she forced herself to be stable and tried not to overthink. It had been a while since she'd last seen that woman in the hotel room. She couldn't stop thinking about her, remembering the scent of her body wash as it hit her nostrils, knowing how much she wanted more but had stopped herself. The moment had passed and she was still on her mind.

For once, the stars had aligned and put her best friend with her for the next two hours. Beyoncé took another sip of her drink, questioning who she was, and what this meant, before she gulped deciding to say something.

Glancing to her left she put away her shame and spoke. It was the first time in a while she had company on a flight. Her best friend was also flying for work. Their jobs were not the same  at all but they both were the best at what they did. Bey sipped the champagne, as though it was liquid courage.

"Remember when we were kids and you ate all those cookies and I never told anyone?" She didn't bother to wait for Kelly's reaction, knowing she would just bring up the fact that Beyoncé had copied and eaten the other half. The point was she never told even as they both got in trouble - she kept her mouth shut. "I need tell you something but you can never say a word. And I mean ever"

Rolling her eyes, her best friend nodded. They told each other everything so there was no need for Beyoncé to suddenly be swearing her to secrecy. Kelly thought it was stupid but she agreed nonetheless, curious what was so important she'd invoked a childhood treaty and why her best friend seemed so awkward and shy. Beyoncé hadn't said a word since they sat down.

Looking around to ensure her privacy, Beyoncé gestured her closer in their space and started to explain her meeting with Nicki. She needed to tell someone, the guilt and passion was eating her up inside. Kellys first reaction was anger - this bastard was cheating on her best friend. She was going to kill him.