13

I love her, the realisation hit Onika the morning. She had woken up beside a sleeping Beyoncé and was now in the kitchen making breakfast for the two of them. She sang along to her playlist while she chopped and fried and mixed up food. For once Nicki had slept through the night. Onika wondered how long this would last with Beyoncé. She was dressed only in an oversized T shirt and the only thing that could've made this morning better was if the T shirt smelled like Beyoncé. This honeymoon phase was everything she dreamed of, but she knew Beyoncé couldn't keep lying like this.

She knew enough about Beyoncé to know that this couldn't last. The woman had some rock solid morals. It was a surprise she'd even shifted them this much. Despite how good last night had been, Nicki knew it might be the only time. This relationship probably wouldn't last another month. She sighed because she really did like Beyoncé. She had feelings for her and it was overwhelming. The song changed and Nicki flipped a pancake. She cooked as if she was cooking for the last time.

She knew the feeling wasn't mutual between them. Requited love only existed for the lucky ones. Onika had not been lucky in a long time. Beyoncé only liked Onika. She liked her a lot but it wasn't love. Onika could tell, even when they had sex. She was exciting to Beyoncé and nothing more. She was the girl who broke her out of her shell. With Onika, Beyoncé was fun and carefree. But that wasn't sustainable, she was more than those things and this was just a phase. What happened to Nicki when Beyoncé stopped rebelling?

Onika continued to cook knowing Beyoncé would hurt her. But that didn't change how she felt about the woman. In a way, she was breaking her own heart, by choosing to fall for an unavailable woman. But how could she not when it felt like this? Things felt so right, as if they were exactly how they should be. The two of them together felt like the perfect couple. Onika could imagine their relationship as a couple; holding hands walking the dog, taking romantic holidays, thinking of each other even when they weren't together. For now, however, she appreciated what they had. Whatever this was made her happy in the moment.

Her thoughts were cut off by a raspy morning voice. It began to harmonise with the music she played. "Girl you're alllllllllll I need" Beyoncé sang along with the Isley Brothers. She sounded like an angel vocalising.

Nickis eyes almost popped out of her skull. She didn't know Beyoncé could sing until now. Beyoncé wrapped her arms around Nicki, resting her head atop her shoulder. Her voice caressed Nickis ear gently and she felt her heart shudder and her inner thighs heat up. She was ready to melt then and there. Nicki had to blink to be sure what she was hearing.

"I didn't know you could sing" Nicki sounded astounded. How could Beyoncé have kept that from her? Nicki fell in love even deeper with that voice. When she spoke, Nicki felt warm, but when she sang Nickis body felt the heat of a fire. She turned to get a look at Beyoncé's face in the morning, beauty marks popping against her bare skin. "You're so beautiful" she said admiring her again.

"You compliment me too much" Beyoncé rolled her eyes. She clearly loved it and Nicki wasn't going to stop. "I did singing lessons when I was a kid and joined every single choir that I could find. My mom even put me in a couple pageants, but that didn't last. I was not a pageant girl" she snorted.

Nicki laughed and squeezed her cheek imagining a young Beyoncé in pageants. She would've been the type to get away with anything. She was far too cute and way smarter than she looked - she could imagine Beyoncé as the type blame another kid for something she did.

"Fuck!" Nicki ran back to the stove. She had been frying bacon which was now extra black and crispy. She cussed and took it off throwing it away and opening some windows before the smoke alarm could go crazy. She heard Beyoncé stifle a laugh and quickly shot her a look that made Beyoncé back up.