4

When Onika woke up, she found Beyoncé cross legged at the edge of her bed. In her hands she held the sketch book Onika had forgot to put away before she slept. She looked at each drawing as though she was reading interesting stories, careful not to touch too much. Her fingers traced the pencil images captivated by each one. Onika watched her face noticing each minuscule reaction to the things she'd drawn.

"You drew these?" Beyoncé asked realising Onika was awake and watching her. She nodded looking at the sketchbook in her hands.

"I dont usually uh show people" Onika said wondering how long she'd been asleep. Her sketches were rough drafts made only to get out her feelings. Each sketch was an emotion. She hardly ever looked back at them. She was a painter not a pencil artist.

"They're so interesting" Beyoncé breathed flicking back a couple pages. The sketch she pulled up caused Onika to grimace. She remembered that day - exactly what had happened down to what she wore. She'd never looked back on the sketch but she could remember doing it. The emotions almost flooded back. "This one is so powerful" Beyoncé spoke, pensive as she looked it over.

Onika gulped. There was something about Beyoncé's words that made them feel honest as though she looked at her art and really saw her. She struggled with accepting compliments but these weren't compliments. This was someone seeing her art - really seeing it. And that made her uncomfortable.

"I'm gonna go uh shower..." she paused looking around and getting up. Beyoncé had already showered and was wearing another of Onikas outfits. She wore the shorts from last night and swapped out the large t shirt for a cropped one that rested just below her bra. Her hair was wrapped into a messy bun and her face was makeup free. Nicki held herself back from examining the woman and instead spoke to try and alleviate the awkwardness, "I know the hotel does lunch if you wanna go get some? My room keys in the dresser"

"Thanks"

With that Onika disappeared into the moisture of the bathroom. Ferocious water droplets and a door to separate them, she didn't have to think about Beyoncé anymore. She usually hated people looking at her art without permission but she wasn't mad at Beyoncé. She couldn't get her out of her mind. Even her dream had been filled with her, like a psychedelic trip with Beyoncé at the centre. She scrubbed her skin as the scent of berries filled the air. She finally had a chance to think and wonder what was going on. She liked Beyoncé - more than she thought was ok. But she didn't even know the woman, she met her 24 hours ago. Once her skin was clean she stepped out of the shower and onto the mat wrapping a towel around herself and getting some clothes.

Beyoncé grabbed a plate examining the hotel food. She walked through the tables turning her nose up at most of it. She decided to go for toast and picked up some fruit as usual making sure to wash everything before it entered her mouth. Even still, it made her uncomfortable imagining all the pesticides and handling problems as it arrived in the country. She rarely ate food that wasn't fresh and organic. Onika joined her not long after taking a seat in the crowded lobby.

"Hey"

"Hi" Onika replied, her hood up as she chewed a piece of french toast. She wondered what Beyoncé might have to say today. She'd slept now and maybe come to her senses. Beyoncé was almost finished with breakfast and chewed her last piece of pineapple wincing at the sourness.

"I'm gonna go" came the voice with the words Onika was dreading. She didn't realise she was dreading them until she heard them put so bluntly.

"Huh?"

"I'm gonna go home" Beyoncé repeated looking down at Nicki.

Onika saw the nerves and thoughtfulness in her eyes. She swallowed and took a moment. She chewed again and swallowed. She nodded.