18

Beyoncé froze, her heart sinking. This was was the moment she had been dreading. She hadn't expected him to ever find out about her and Onika. How would she explain that it wasn't what it looked like? It was exactly what it looked like.

She was having sex with someone else. Someone he was also having sex with.

His eyes bore into her, full of accusation and betrayal. He didn't know what to think, would the woman he loved really do this to him? His presence loomed large in the doorway deep eyes full of flames as he watched them. Nicki seemed to scramble, trying to find clothes as he opened his mouth to speak again.

"What the fuck?" He repeated His voice was colder now - more threatening than before, his presence casting a shadow over the two women.

Beyoncé froze. This was her husband. She hesitated, her heart pounding loudly in her chest. She knew that she had to speak, to explain the situation.

She wasn't cheating. She wasn't doing anything. Or maybe she was? She was cheating back. But this was the man who had hurt her more than anything. He had cheated first. He was in the wrong.

Her husband yelled again, his voice rising in volume. While Beyoncé stood still, her brain trying to decide on the best course of action.

She knew words would not be enough to appease him. Besides, she couldn't think of a convincing enough lie. She thought about the truth, running through scenarios in her mind. Whilst Nickis heart pounded even louder in her chest, a whirlwind of nerves churning inside of her.

Shock and fear surged through her veins, overwhelming her senses as she gaped at Beyoncé. Nicki was just a visitor to their marriage, a woman who had accidentally got caught up in an affair... or two. Her eyes were wide with a mixture of both disbelief and fear.

Then Beyoncé's eyes fell on her, silently asking for her to fix this. But, what was Nicki supposed to do? She couldn't do anything. She couldn't fix this. She watched the man's eyes burn into his wife, and Beyoncé faltered under his intense scrutiny. He looked at her in a way he never had. Her confidence fell and tears pricked at her eyes.

But only for a moment, then she stiffened and her mask returned. She hated this man but Onika had made her promise - Beyoncé wouldn't tell him anything. Her heart pounded increasingly fast as she exchanged a desperate glance with Nicki.

"Uh," Nicki started, jumping to speak in Beyoncé's silence. Her voice was weak but she had to help Beyoncé. That was the least she could do.
"I can explain," Nicki said, her eyes darting up to his face, then back towards Beyoncé. It sounded just as pathetic as it felt and Beyoncé's heart sank at the words.

"Shut up," he dismissed her so easily. She cringed at the way he spoke to her, as if she was nothing but an inconvenience.

But, the man didn't want to hear from her - he wanted to hear from his wife, Beyoncé, the woman he married, the woman he loved. The woman who owed him loyalty.

He crossed his thick arms over his chest, as his jaw stiffened and he nodded to Beyoncé. He looked at her with a mixture of pain and anger, as if pleading for his eyes to be playing tricks on him. His wife in bed with that whore? Of all people, she was with Onika. He could forgive Beyoncé cheating, but this was deeper. He knew it was. Who fucks their husbands mistress?

"BEYONCÉ!" He yelled, startling her.

Beyoncé blinked faster, her thoughts racing ahead of her. Her mind flitted through possible explanations, searching for a plausible lie that could salvage this. She and his mistress were naked together. Any explanation would sound completely insane.

Her husband just stared. He still couldn't believe what he was seeing was real. This was Beyoncé after all, his wife, who he loved more than anything in this world. She wouldn't do this, she wouldn't treat him like that. Perhaps it was a bad dream or a terrible prank. He just needed her to speak then this would all make sense.