Ice Cream || Kid!Toya x Reader

🥴✍️📚 a u t h o r' s n o t e📚✍️🥴

i tried my absolute ✨b e s t✨ not to write dabi's name. please don't make boku no pico jokes, they're really annoying. will probably change the gift when they animate toya.

🌻🌈🎉e n j o y🎉🌈🌻

"Oi, you.." You pouted, looking at his direction and rested your right hand on the side of your hips as you looked at him.

"I have a name, Toya-kun!" You protested, your sassy tone getting the better of you as you fought for a formal greeting. Toya rolled his eyes at you, not really sure whether to call you by your given name or your last name.

"Whatever.." He mumbled as he feebly fumbled with his fingers, some cash in his hands as his head hung low. You tilted your head, trying to get a better view of the pieces of paper he was holding.

"Would you.. wanna.. get ice cream?" He asked, his eyes failing to meet yours as his crimson bangs were hiding his eyes. You raised an eyebrow, wondering where he would get the money.

You were a kid back then, so you thought money could only be on the hands of adults. Well, that's what your older sister thought you anyway.

"W-where'd you get the money?" You asked, being painfully oblivious to the idea of how cash worked in this world. Toya pouted and looked away, his face now being out off your line of vision.

"I- Got it from a bench!" He declared, confidence somehow rising inside him. You gasped, now knowing how he got the money and frowned as a disappointing gaze was all you could give him.

"Toya-kun! We need to put back the money right now!" You said, scared at the fact you could get arrested. When really, you could just give the money to the Police Department's Lost and Found box.

Toya frowned and hugged the money up to his chest, if ever you tried getting it from him that's how he would protect it.

"Oh come on, Y/N-chan! Like, nobody, as in nobody, would know." He said, his eyes representing the word 'begging' as his gaze was switched to you from the money. You sighed, debating whether you'd use the money for some delicious ice cream or just return it back to the lucky bench.

"You're so such a goody-two-shoes," He frowned, fiddling with the paper's edges as you were taken aback by Toya's words.

"Am not!" You protested, not really liking the sound of what term he called you.

"Let's eat ice cream then!" He said, a frown on his face and a tsundere-like tone in his voice. You pouted, debating once again if you were gonna do the right thing or not.

But honestly, you were really craving for ice cream right now. It didn't hurt to use money for ice cream right? You pouted, as you gave him a half-lidded eye look.

"Fine! But only 'cuz I want to," you mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Toya. He would be lying if he said he wasn't blushing from embarrassment. He did just ask the only female friend he had out to eat, and you agreed to it. Well, maybe with a bit of persuading.

Unknowingly, his mouth was forming a small smile. It was a while since he did that, and it felt good. Although, he knew it could be tiring if you smiled all the time.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" You grabbed Toya's hand, dragging him to the nearest ice cream parlor you knew.

His eyes widen at you, the determination inside you scared him only slightly. You really must have love ice cream, he thought. The blush on his cheeks were getting the better of him, tinting it red scarlet.

__

"Thank you!" You said, waving at the old man and now walking with Toya to his house. You felt the rich, pure flavor as you licked the vanilla ice cream off the cone. It has been a while since you indulged into the soft and sweet mixture, so it felt slightly nostalgic to you. You smiled as you pulled back from the ice cream, your happy childish self enjoying the mixture.

As for Toya, his gaze was on you for a moment, and then back at his chocolate one. He never really smiled whenever he ate ice cream, he simply just thought it was an exquisite treat. He was confused for a second why you had to smile, was the ice cream funny?

He shrugs, now licking the ice cream as the both of you strolled. His eyes widen, and looked at the ice cream with blushing eyes.

You looked over at Toya for a moment, who seemed to be captivated by the ice cream's taste. You smirked and lightly nudged on his shoulder.

"Taste good, doesn't it?" You smiled, chuckling lightly as Toya switched his gaze at you.

It was one of the rare moments where Dabi formed a genuine smile.