Volume 3: Chapter 49 - Corrupt Morals

Flashback

Doragonzu speaking

(Ddraig speaking)

[Albion speaking]

Author note

Volume 3: Chapter 49 - Corrupt Morals

"What a bitter mood I sense from you..." Said a gentle voice, Kuroka was meditating along with her partner. After breaking the long silence, Ryūno sighed in frustration.

Ryūno: "That's mainly because my Dragonic-alter ability is now nullified...for the time being. As I said, I am severely underpowered without it."

Losing what's essentially his balance breaker temporarily is causing him much stress and frustration. As if there wasn't enough of that in his life already. He couldn't even focus properly on anything else. All he could focus on was the voices he heard when he transformed.

Kuroka: "Let's hope you won't get into a fight soon then. But even if you do, I'll be there to help. For now, forget about that. Relax and breathe. Calm...right? Breathe in, breathe out..." Easier said than done for someone like Ryūno. Though he tried nonetheless. 

However, he was making one crucial mistake - he was trying too hard. It was making him unable to be calm. He simply couldn't focus at all. Kuroka noticed the way he was breathing and decided to speak softly once again when she noticed his mistake again.

Kuroka: "You were right when you said that your power isn't anything like Senjutsu. You're more shine, like a powerful thunder strike, a fire...Senjutsu radiates an energy-the flow of life. Its tranquility, in contrast to your seething anger...here, let me help you." She gestured him to take both of her hands with a welcoming smile, Ryūno still had his signature look on his face - the face of disinterest and boredom. Nevertheless, he couldn't be rude to Kuroka when she was smiling like that, it was like his brain was stopping him from saying anything bad to her.

After Ryūno took Kuroka's hands, she squeezed gently and began explaining--

Kuroka: "Now, I want you to focus on something beautiful to you, something that makes you happy, something that you'd give your life for..." She closed her eyes after she told him. After waiting for a couple of seconds, she didn't feel his presence relax all that much, so she opened them up once again to notice that he was still staring at Kuroka.

It took her a while to understand why he was still looking at her, although after Kuroka understood, she smiled uncontrollably and turned her cheeks a tinted pink.

Kuroka: "I'm flattered...but that's not what I meant...you have to close your eyes and imagine it. Breathe in, breathe out..." She closed her eyes once again, and this time, Ryūno did as well.

He heard the nature around him after everything went quiet. That, and Kuroka's breathing. The birds chirped and the leaves rustling from the wind...now he was beginning to be calm and collected. 

As someone who loved nature, Ryūno didn't mind this at all. And it's not like this is the first time he's tried meditating. For someone with so much rage hidden inside him, of course, he'd at least try to do these exercises. However, with Kuroka here, it felt even more relaxing.

Kuroka: "Very good...now, try to feel what I feel...and I'll do the same with you." He felt a sudden heat rush through him, that heat was the life force of Kuroka herself. Like she used to heal him, it felt the same as it did currently.