Volume 2: Chapter 34 - Tormented Conscience (Part two)

Flashback

Doragonzu speaking

(Ddraig speaking)

[Albion speaking]

Author note

Volume 2: Chapter 34 - Tormented Conscience (Part two)

"And you're certain that this will work?"

Azazel: "Certain? No, but it's better than nothing."

Baraqiel: "At this point, why don't we just give him a peaceful death, let him escape from his torment?" Baraqiel suggested, he wasn't one for killing children. But looking at Ryūno's current situation, that seemed like the best option for him.

Azazel: "How is being in a capsule and not waking up considered peaceful?"

Baraqiel: "You tell me..."

It has been roughly a week since they both rescued Ryūno, ever since he passed out, he hasn't woken up. He wasn't dead, however. Azazel had been working on this project for ages, he's researched so much about sacred gears. He wondered if this was going to work out for him, hence he placed Ryūno in that capsule. So far, nothing interesting has happened. Apart from Ryūno's face twitching a bit and some irregular breathing at times.

"Body temperature and blood pressure is normal, heart rate is stable." A voice over the speakers of Azazel's office were heard.

Azazel: "Excellent, thank you."

Baraqiel: "How long before he wakes up?" They both looked over from the glass down to the capsule.

Azazel: "Honestly, I'm not sure if he'll even wake up." Still, Azazel was unnerved about the whole situation.

Baraqiel: "Damn those Dragon Kings..."

Azazel: "What of them?"

Baraqiel: "Aren't they the reason this dragon exists?" He crossed his arms.

Azazel: "From what I know, yes, but they didn't create Doragonzu to harm, they created Doragonzu to protect."

Baraqiel: "Look how that turned out." He spat.

Azazel: "Nothing we can do about it, we can only hope for the best."

Indeed, this is a type of arrangement made by Azazel, it had a high chance of killing a normal person. However, thanks to Ryūno's sacred gear, he was able to withstand its hard conditions. And slowly, his power was able to be restored piece by piece.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Ryūno could see was black and purple darkness, nothing else. Was he dead? No, he couldn't be, unless...his body gave in. Ryūno got up on his feet and looked around, only to see the same darkness.