Prologue

A/N - Prologue update, 24/06/2020. ATTENTION! An official bio for my OC has been released! You'll find it in one of the chapters called "Character Guide Book", there, you can get a better explanation of Ryūno's character. It does contain spoilers though, so don't read if you don't want to, other than that, I also wanted to say...You can skip this prologue entirely and just head into the chapters. It is entirely optional to read this, you'll learn about Ryūno's character throughout the story, so there's that. Thank you for considering to read my story, and I hope you enjoy my OC, leave any criticism, comments below, and I'll take them into consideration, enjoy the story.

"Mr. Kishatsu! Do you have a good reason to be sleeping in my class?!" Said the teacher quite angry at the student who's not paying attention, instead taking a nap on the desk. 

The boy got up, quite groggy. "But, this is mind-numbingly boring..."

The teacher's eyebrows twitched. "Well, if it's so boring, you shouldn't have a problem answering now, will you?" the teacher said with a  hint of sassiness in her voice. 

"Fine, but, If I answer it correctly, can I sleep for the rest of the lesson?". That's right, Ryūno was quite the bold one, especially when it came to academics, he wasn't a genius by any means, in fact, he was barely qualified for top ten. Still, compared to most boys in age, he wasn't lacking in terms of wits. 

Ryūno sat up and went to answer on the board, this was history class, not something he necessarily hated, in fact, it was one of the more interesting lessons for him, learning how humanity had evolved and progressed over thousands of years was actually fascinating to him, he knew humans were at the top of the food chain, the smartest beings that lived on planet Earth, well...more so. He held humanity to a high standard, in short, meaning he also expected a lot from other people. That wasn't to say he wasn't prideful himself, in his personal opinion, he had decent looks, especially for a boy his age. He thought that anyone could look good with a bit of effort, that's why he took very good care of his body. He always exercised, after school, he'd always do cardio, sit-ups, crunches, and a lot of pullups, Ryūno always thought they were the best form of exercise. He wasn't a body-builder by any means, he did the bare minimum he needed to keep his lean and aesthetically pleasing body. 

"The Cold War ended in 1991...". Ryūno wrote on the board. 

"Tch, next time, I expect you to pay attention, you probably got lucky anyways. Just...please, pay attention to class, you're smart, but don't let your arrogance get in the way of academics, okay?" The teacher said hopefully.

"Yeah, whatever...Half of this I'm not even going to use in the future, anyway..." Ryūno said in his usual boredom filled unenthusiastic voice.

"Oh, really? And what is it that you wanna become, Mr. Kishatsu?" The teacher asked.

"Beats me, I haven't thought that far ahead...yet. I'll just go with the flow, I'm sure some rich company would want someone like me, anyway, people are too blinded by greed to see someone's faults, whether they are noticeable or not." Ryūno replied.

This was his 6th lesson, the last one was going to be Physical Education, this is actually one of the classes he didn't sleep in...Not that he had the choice. 

Ryūno kept this lesson above all else, knowledge was important, but taking care of yourself was just if not more important to Ryūno. After all, without strength, knowledge is useless. Ryūno always thought that. In P.E, he was considered to be the top dog. He towered over every other boy in class, at just 13 years old,  he was faster than some adults and had more strength than an average senior in high school. He was no joke, and he took pride in that.