A Week

Guardian's point of view
I sat on top of the tree watching everyone everyone else from below. Galaxy and Alex were talking to each other . They have never left eachother' side since we've gotten here.

Illusion for some reason was always inside with Sabre. Sometimes he would just stare into space with a hand on Sabre's forehead. Like he was in his own world.

Emerald and Green Steve have become friends and spent most of their time away from the rainbow tree. Only come back for meals and when the sun sets at night.

I've been trying to get into the spirit world with no avail. No matter where or how much energy I use I can't get back.

Sabre hasn't been improving. His wounds have been healing yes, but his breathing had been shallow and mostly still. He hasn't even moved a muscle for this past month.

All we can hope is that when his wounds fully heal he will come back. For now we just need to focus on other things like getting into the Spirt world. Maybe even finding a cure for the sickness.

"Guardian. We need to talk." I look behind me to see Illusion. It's been a while since I've seen him.

"What is the matter Illusion Steve?" I asked him as he sits next to me.

"Sabre... he-" I panicked.

"Is he okay?! Did he stop breathing?!"

"No! No of course not. I just found out more about his condition." I looked at him.

"He... he isn't just in a coma." Illusion paused and I stay quiet. I let him speak.

"He is in an illusion, but this time it's different."

"Different in what way?" I stand up and he stands up with me.

"He is in an illusion of being in an alternative world from this one. He doesn't remember anything and thinks that it's real."

"How do you know that?!"

"I have been using my abilities to recreate what is happening in his mind to my own vision so I can see what's going on."

"Are you doing this to him?"

"No I think it's the End Crystal."

"The what- it was destroyed in the explosion."

"Sabre absorbed it. I found out about it last week."

"Last week! Why did you not tell us sooner!"

"Because everyone was already freaking out from Sabre being a coma adding that the End Crystal wasn't fully destroyed probably wouldn't help." I glare at him ready to fly off.

"This is a good thing though. All we need to do is get the end Crystal's energy out of Sabre so he can wake up." I relax a little. That does sound right. If the ends crystal is doing this to him then getting it out of him might wake him up.

"He is still in a terrible condition. If we do this to him now it might kill him."

"I know. We need his injuries to heal more before we can do anything." Illusion looks back at the house.

"Well. You should tell the others." I tell him and he nods. I look up at the sky.

"No luck to getting to the sprit world?" I nod to him.

"Why don't you just fly up until you get there." He suggest to me. I looked at him confused.

"What are you talking about? I can't just fly into the spirit world."

"What if you just fly up and teleport their? It will make you closer to the spirit world wouldn't it?" Thinking about it... yeah it might.

"Okay, I will try your idea." I open up my wings and fly up into the sky. It didn't take very long for me to be above the clouds. Looking down at the rainbow tree and the small house we made I realized how long it's been since I've flown.

I should do it more often. The breeze.... the clouds... the endless sky... I miss it, as much as I miss the spirit world. My home.

Lighting strikes on me and I close my eyes. I open them again once I feel my feet touch the ground. I was in a field now. One I recognized. The entrance into the spirit world.

I was home.

I looked around to see everything was how it should be. The energy was the same. I need to check something.

"Light Steve!" I call out to him. Please let him be here. Please.

Lighting strikes in front of me. Light Steve appeared. He looked perfectly fine. He looks at me.

"Guardian? Where have you been?" Light asked.

"I... I have been stuck in a world. For a long time."

"At least your back now right?"

"Yeah.... you are right Light Steve."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 790)