𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 - 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘...𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙸𝚃 𝙶𝙾

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙸𝚃 𝙶𝙾...𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙼𝙴

It was the next day and during the night, Rick decided he wasn't going to kill Randall. That was because Carl had made it to the barn and said he wanted to watch and Rick just couldn't execute someone in front of his young son. Dale had also died. A walker had ripped his stomach open and there was no saving the poor man. Dale's body was buried and Rick decided to say a few words.

"Dale could...could get under your skin. He sure got under mine. Because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us, the truth, who we really are." Rick said.

Faith was stood next to her brother. She looked at Daryl who looked away from her. Ever since the night before, he hadn't said a word to her and Faith had no idea why. Everything was going so well between the two. Faith thought she and Daryl were friends....but maybe not. She sighed and rested her head against Shane's shoulder as she focussed her attention on Rick.

"In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honour him is unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together. Stop feeling sorry for ourselves, take control of our lives, our safety, our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on, we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honour Dale." Rick said.

----------

After Dale's funeral, Hershel allowed the group to move into the house since he figured camping outside was now too dangerous since a walker had reached camp and killed Dale. "Shane will assign shifts for patrol, while me and Daryl take Randall offsite and cut him loose." Rick said to Andrea, Shane and Faith.

"We're back to that now?" Shane asked, making Faith roll her eyes.

"It was the right plan the first time around, poor execution." Rick said as Faith nodded. Maybe this was the right decision.

"That's a slight understatement." Shane said.

"You don't agree, but this is what's happening." Rick said. "Swallow it, move on."

"You know that Dale's death and the prisoner, that's two separate things, right?" Shane asked Rick. "You wanna take Daryl as your wingman, be my guest."

"Thank you." Rick said before walking away and Faith sighed. She could see Shane was a little hurt that Rick wanted to go with Daryl and not him.

"Just try and let it go....for me." Faith signed to Shane. Shane sighed and looked at the ground, not saying anything. Faith pouted and kissed his cheek before heading over to Daryl. She patted his shoulder and he turned around, his eyes holding that same coldness they held when they first met.

"Leave me alone, Faith. I got stuff to do." Daryl said before walking off, leaving Faith confused and a little hurt. She wasn't going to let that trigger another anxiety attack. She was fine. Everything was going to be fine.

----------

A little while later into the day, Faith was sitting on the porch of the house with Carl. "Tell me another story about your job as a gymnast." Carl said. Faith used to be a gymnast before the world went to hell. She loved gymnastics ever since she was a little girl. Gymnastics was the reason why she had lost her voice in the first place but it never stopped her from doing what she loved.

"Well, there was a time when this woman had another woman on her shoulders but she accidently stepped on something and dropped the woman on the ground." Faith signed to Carl, making him laugh.

"Was she okay?" Carl asked, still laughing.

"She was. She just broke her arm." Faith signed before she heard yelling near the barn. "Go inside, Carl."

Carl nodded and ran inside before Faith got up and went over to the barn, seeing everyone by the door. "What's wrong?" Faith signed to Rick.

"Randall's missing." Rick said, making Faith's eyes widen in shock. How did he escape the barn?

"How long's he been gone?" Hershel asked.

"It's hard to say." T-Dog said.

"The cuffs are still hooked. He must have slipped them." Rick said.

"Is that possible?" Carol asked.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose." Andrea said.

"The door was secured from the outside." Hershel said before they heard yelling. It was Shane. He was coming out of the woods with blood all over his face, worrying Faith.

"Rick! Rick!" Shane yelled as he approached the group.

"What happened?" Lori asked.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane exclaimed.

"Are you okay?" Faith signed to Shane.

"I'm fine, Faith. Little bastard just snuck up on me, clocked me in the face." Shane said.

"All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, come with us." Rick said.

"T, I'm gonna need that gun." Shane said.

"Just let him go. That was the plan, wasn't it?" Carol asked.

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun." Rick said as T-Dog handed Shane his gun.

"Don't go back out there, you don't know what can happen." Carol asked.

"Get everybody back in the house, lock all the doors, and stay put." Rick said as Faith approached Shane.

"Please, be careful, Shane. This guy is on the loose and armed. Please, be careful. I love you." Faith signed to Shane.

"I love you, too, Faith." Shane said. The group then walked away with Faith having no idea that would be the last time she would ever see her brother.

 The group then walked away with Faith having no idea that would be the last time she would ever see her brother